Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Cool. Thanks for your thoughts! I'm about halfway to 18 so once I get there I'll grab those two for sure.

2. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Duck is a lot of fun, but it isn't as good as Toughness - Toughness works all the time instead of 50% of the time and it works on attacks from behind. And Perfect Toughness is common. Shielding Token is great, and Infused Greatclub one of the better two blue token weapons.

3. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

4. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

All true, but there is something very satisfying about using Duck in MP to take a powerful attack off your opponent and use it against them. Normally it's just a so so block card, but it's so very fun when it does something mean.

5. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I had Superb Stoutness during the beta, and I used it whenever I could.

Like Oberon and Guises have said, Duck probably isn't quite as good as Toughness, but it really is good fun. :)

Aiven likes this.
  6. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Thanks for advice, spent half of my gold that I ever earned in the game but I guess it was worth it :)

I also looked a bit more closely at the Smoke Pin and there are only 2 other items (Horn Of Smoke, Ring Of Smoke) which cost only a minor power orb and have 2 cards of Smoke Bomb. The other come with Burning Fingers, while the pin has Telekinesis , which I personally prefer much more (although cone attacks go through smoke bomb).

All in all I think I'll buy that one too, Smoke Bomb sounds very good for cleaning up lava etc. and protecting my slow dwarfs as they sluggishly move up to the target :)

7. Spooky2

Spooky2 Kobold

I've got Hammer Of Bashing and Spear Of Dancing. What do you guys think? All of the bashes might be fun and I've never seen an item with Acrobatic Flip before, but the rest of the weapon leaves something to be desired.

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Acrobatic Flip. Oww. I'd go for that and make people remember the war monkeys...

Also, Hammer of Bashing is great if you have any interest in a bash build. All depends on your interest - either what you want or utterly useless.

9. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Hammer Of Bashing is great for a bash build in theory, but to be honest 2x major power token for that item sound like a lot to me, might be wrong though as I'm considering a basher currently but haven't tried it much.

Remember that you can get the Hammer Of Bashing (together with a tonne of other sm(b)ashing items) in one of the multiplayer starter packs ("Bash bros") for 50 pizza slices. Maybe it will be more cost effective?

10. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Honestly, I think bash builds are terribly underpowered at the moment. I would certainly not go out of my way to get the hammer.

11. Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack Mushroom Warrior

12. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

13. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Seconded.

14. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

would pay triple for that Focused Healer (after which I would reach nirvana)

15. progammer

progammer Ogre

You are a true priest indeed.

piotras likes this.
  16. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

Quick question what day does The rare shop respawn new stuff? I don't want to sit on something and see it go poof! I'm in US Standard Central Time.

17. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Saturday, at 7:00 PM central time.

18. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

19. The cap is fantastic and worth the 2,5k, the boots are situational.

Aiven likes this.
  20. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

I agree with turinturamba, sprint team(Which is only found on helmet and human skill I think) AND a dodge. Grind that gold out if you don't have it already. Boots are more something you would use in campaign challenges I think as I have heaps of boots I would use instead of those in multiplayer.

Aiven likes this.