Is there any martial skill with drawback?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Cruq, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Cruq

Cruq Kobold

I've completed whole campaign and now have option to do quests for rare items. So I started hoarding equips with drawback as it's one of the requirements but I yet to see one on warrior's martial skill. Neither weak not backbiting strike count, so am I missing something? Or I simply can't use warriors in such quests?

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

There are no Martial Skills with drawbacks, unfortunately.

However, the rules just mean that any item you equip must have a drawback: you can always leave a slot empty.

(And you might think that Weak Strike and Backbiting Strike are drawbacks because you see black on the cards, but its only a black BACKGROUND that decides what type of card something is. The black title bar indicates card quality.)

3. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

Are you sure? I tried doing one the other day without equipping a weapon on my wiz, and was unable to.

4. progammer

progammer Ogre

I am able to, and my warrior always start with 2 bludgeon and a weak block on the martial slot.

Edit: There might be a bug with wizard, since I've never leave it blank

5. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Someone mentioned this in another thread, and if you search your items using the search word "Handicap" you'll have all your items with drawbacks listed.
    Best way to see if a card is a drawback or not.

kogi and Spooky2 like this.
  6. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Oh, sweet, Raging Strike counts. I can totally do this.

7. Cruq

Cruq Kobold

Thank You noble Sir! This indeed solved my issue as I never tried to just leave slot empty so I can finally use my warriors to smack some poor gobbos.

Then the question arise is it working as intended, as for many items, especially low level ones with drawback, no item at all seems like much better option...

Oh and Raging Strike is sweet card for a drawback :)