Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jotun

Jotun Mushroom Warrior

that ring is one of the best, if not the best, token-less arcane item in my view. Has decent synergy with quite a few builds too.

5 is decent range wise. The higher range this spell has, the higher dps is capable of doing. Being able to target enemies when they are 6 or even 8 spaces away would be pretty insane. They won't be able to get near you (or important positions near you) without taking huge amounts of damage.

I love casting it on elf mages before sending a warrior after them. Super effective.

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I like using it on warriors, with some armor removal and some winds of war as well. Step attacks or push moves, who cares so long as you're taking a bunch of damage as well.

3. kogi

kogi Ogre

4. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I probably wouldn't buy Flaming Sword, because it would be a constant reminder that I don't yet have the all powerful Blazing Shortsword.

My rares this week are a bit better than last week. I'll probably be buying Staff Of Winter and Dependable Mail; and there are a few others that I like the look of, including Bleneth's Frenzy Charm, Gray Blade, Fingerbone Of St. Ob, and Farzil's Perplexing Horn. I certainly won't be buying all of those, but I might pick one of them by the end of the week.

(During the beta, Bleneth's Frenzy Charm was the only legendary item I bought - so it would be kind of symbolic to buy it again. :p)

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

6. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

7. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

8. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

Beater and Sword of loud thoughts could be useful when you are doing the challenges after you complete the campaign. Vibrant plate is quite useful having both in campaign and multiplayer depending on what setups you run. The two class items I would take a pass on though. The sky locket is decent but I never use it because I have better stuff for most of my builds.

9. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

11. Advanced ferocity is such a great skill.

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, it screams all dwarf team however - and I'm not running one. Still - those others cards it contains are pretty badass anyway...

13. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

14. progammer

progammer Ogre

Get the Slippery ASAP :) (if its 100 gold of course)

Keyser likes this.
  15. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

I'd also pick up Sarigo's Rod, if it's only 500.

16. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I'd pass on this unless you don't have any other options for freeze staves. For some reason I have three of these, but I think the Sub-zero is inferior to Staff Of Winter and Frosty Staff.

Sarigo's is easily, I think, one of the best arcane items. Don't pass this up.

Myself, I had a very good week at Randimar's - got a Lochaber Axe. That by itself is enough to make me happy, but there are a couple other things I'm thinking about:

Salazar's Sandals
    Perfect Ferocity

For some reason I have difficulty keeping track of all the shoes, they just sorta blend together in my head. The Salazar's seems like a good one, but not great - I can't tell if it's worth 500. Bear in mind that my income seems to be 700-800 / week, so that's a good chunk of money.

The Perfect Ferocity seems like it'd be very solid in an all-dwarf setup, but it takes up an orange token so it can't be equipped with two Bejeweled Shortswords, and it's competing with other excellent skills like Perfect Toughness.

I'm probably overthinking this. What do y'all think?

17. Get the salazar's unless you have already three boots with team run. Perfect Ferocity is not all that great, advanced ferocity is generally better.

18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I also have no Legendaries, but this Epic has caught my eye. (Note: I only play SP right now.)

Superb Stoutness - I really like this one. Duck just seems so good, at least when it's been used against me in SP.

And these Rares.

Infused Greatclub - Obliterating Bludgeon....
    Shielding Token - Is Impenetrable Nimbus as good as it seems?

19. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I love the Impenetrable Nimbus (and the Shielding Token), just love it. In the campaign it kicks some serious ass, it changes the game dynamic a lot. Not sure about the MP, since a human player won't waste his/hers attack cards on you, just change the priorities. On the other hand, I can see how this could be used in MP to completely screw up someone's zone control. The other thing I like about it is that is also protects you from all the burning/poison etc. over time effects for the next round.

Superb Stoutness looks nice too. Might be expensive but being able to throw a fireball back at the wizard who just cast it with your axe wielding dwarf is just priceless

20. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

If you are thinking of doing the quest challenges in pve snap up the Shielding Token. I am still puzzling through how to survive some of the really high level challenges and am starting to think that stocking up on invulnerability might be the way to go. Even if you don't have plans for that, the nimbus usually comes on gold token items so having it appear on a blue token item is kind of big.