Elvish Insight can be blocked?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by IonDragonX, Sep 26, 2013.

1. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

Sorry I can't be sure that this is a bug or not.

Elvish Insight isn't an attack. Is is supposed to be block-able???

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Anything your enemy attempts to do to you will be blocked, including healing spells.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yes. Exploit this.

Hello, Bungled Heal when the enemy is at full health.

4. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Gentlecow, Pokemath and Pengw1n like this.
  5. progammer

progammer Ogre

It is, in fact, an attack card, with a red background.

6. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was a bug.
    Finger of Death is an attack card with a damage of zero.... soooooo why isn't Insight the same???

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think you mean Touch Of Death, but agree - however, I believe this is more an issue with the card mentioned (I can't recall any other attack cards with an actual 0 value) than Elvish Insight. Suggest they remove the 0 from ToD, to avoid confusing players.

8. progammer

progammer Ogre

They actually add it in to remove confusion. Attack with dmg of 0 can be increased (By Unholy Wellspring) while attack without damage component will not deal dmg no matter what.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Right, while Maze and War Cry can't get boosted.

10. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

Makes sense to me

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Very good point there, I'll retract my argument as it seems as a clear case of WAI.

12. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

Okay, that makes sense, but it doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't be able to dodge or block someone else's knowledge.

13. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

They're casting a mind-reading spell on you. You block it.

14. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

With no line of sight required and no target required. Therefore, it comes from nowhere and goes to nowhere. Therefore, you can't block it.

15. progammer

progammer Ogre

It comes from the sky and goes to all characters, yours included. Just like firestorm.

Though i'd say its not a mind reader spell, your own characters and the opponent's is revealing the cards for everyone (spectator included). It's a mechanics things that is beyond the character's world. I won't argue that it is some spell that the opponent see and just block without thinking. Mechanically speaking, its an attack/spell effect being casted from a non-ally, block will happen. It's the rules of the game.

16. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

There's no LoS/target required on a lot of spells. Why does that matter?