[Spoiler]How did you beat Wyvern final battle?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by kogi, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kogi

kogi Ogre

The final battle of "Cliffs of the Wyverns" is a pita.

I just kept trying until my mage drew Resistant Hide. Then it was a torturous kite around the map.

So, did you find an easier way?

kogi

2. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I had a little better luck, but the same idea. Lost my priest, but my warrior pulled two Reliable Mail. Doesn't make him invincible, but it's close enough. Had a Frosty Staff too, which really helped with pinning them down.

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I haven't yet gotten that far after the launch but I remember that during the beta it took me a couple of tries.

The key was taking care of the adult wyvern ASAP (preferably during the first turn) and making sure I had enough anti-armor cards. Plus having good enough armor yourself helps.

And yes, Resistant Hide is certainly really good.

4. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

For me, it was lots of armor on everyone, and a warrior with penetrating attacks and shredding strikes. Path Of Knives is really nice on this map since the AI ignores it, and combos well with Winds Of War.

5. Will-

Will- Kobold

I found in the beta I relied on getting Resistant Hide but it's very hit and miss and relies on the draw.

I found what was better is getting a lot of discard and armour destroying cards/acid cards. Now the acid cards (at least on the items I had) came with a bunch of electric attacks which is actually fine despite all the Grounding Plates as you should focus first on discarding armour cards/as much of their hand as possible before using them. Then just go for straight up damage with your warrior as the enemy should have no movement or armour cards if you've played it well, so things such as Poweful Hack make it easy. I find that maybe going for weaker penetrating attacks a bit overkill as your wizard should easily manage to destroy all their armour.

I don't think too many of these cards are hard to find with a great staff for this actually being in the adventurer pack.

6. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Make sure you are adjacent to blocking terrain at all times that you don't have a Resistant Hide.

7. Swiffle

Swiffle Mushroom Warrior

adjacent to blocking terrain, shredding strike, mage had lot of armor removal.

was still awful

8. progammer

progammer Ogre

Resistant hide, Grounding Plate, deck the rest of the wizard with boiling armor or discard spell. Load Warrior with Step attack, Priest with impenetrable nimbus and help the weak.

Focus the single group wyvern first, then either adult or baby is your choice.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I also used Resistant Hide, Grounding Plates, and lots of armor destruction. Had my warrior and priest charge in and kill the adult and as many others as they could while my wizard hid until she could draw her Hide.

10. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Kill the adult as fast as you can, then run 'til you draw Resistant Hide and some armor removal.
    After that, kill 'them all.
    Be patient: it will take a long time, but it's the most effective way, I think.
    I found Winds Of War, Telekinesis and the other slide cards to move the wyverns to the acid terrain I previously played helpful.

11. renders

renders Kobold

I don't remember fighting wyverns in the beta,it this from a mission that costs pizza?

12. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

It's one of the treasure hunts, yes. The one with the best reward, in my opinion.

13. kogi

kogi Ogre

Thanks, I had forgotten about grounding plates.