Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Will-

Will- Kobold

Well with the store resetting I thought it might be fun for people to get some advice on those big money purchases.

The idea of this thread is people post the items they think they might like and get others to give advice on whether these items are truly worth purchasing.

Hasek's Icy Ring for 500 gold seems pretty good.
    Spiked Platemail for 500 gold could be fun as well.

And then there is this...
    Miligar's Dragon Tongue for 2500 gold...

Let's see if we can get a bunch of people to contribute with their own items and we will have to try and give feedback for each other :)

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I remember finding Miligar's Dragon Tongue during the beta but I never really used it much.

It's very rare to be able to hit more than two enemies with Flame Jet and you need to wait two turns for it to deliver its full damage. I usually preferred lava.

The other two items are nice though.

3. Will-

Will- Kobold

Yeah the Miligar's was a bit of a jokey addition as it was the only legendary.

4. Swiffle

Swiffle Mushroom Warrior

spam cone of cold2win

5. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Both of the epics are certainly worth buying. Leave the legendary alone.

6. Will-

Will- Kobold

Would be nice if other people posted something they're unsure about or happy about from their latest reset. Makes it more of a discussion :p

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Sure, I'll bite - even if currently lack the funds to actually make any of the major purchaes.

Bloodfoot Robes - currently at 1500 for my lvl 13 party. Really miss my Path Of Knives builds from the beta, and that robe is pretty nice, even if it's not the keep version (is that still in?).

Trained Stoutness - 300. Obtainable, if I really want it. Duck is awesome et c.

Infused Greatclub - 100 g. Hm. Well, now this looks like a purchase that I have to make.

Corian's Boots - 500 g. I like harnesses.

(No legendary this week)

8. Ailatan

Ailatan Kobold

Quick Jon's Buckler - Legendary - 15000 Gold
    I got some other rather expensive Epics this week that I need to look into but I thought I would post this one.

9. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

10. progammer

progammer Ogre

Funny you said that, my shop this week has the Hawlic's Surging Shield, which is worse than Slippery as well, at the same level, and being a legendary.

Temaukel likes this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I loved using this in beta, but I wouldn't buy it until I at least matched its level.

Stuff Randimar is offering me (I can't afford any of it).
    Bloody Bracelet: you can't have too many Path Of Knives or Wall Of Fire
    Fireblinker Initiate: no longer OP, but still good

Stuff I might get a little later this week: Forceful Robes and Storm Circlet.

12. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

I didn't think that Frozen Shield was too bad during Beta. But I didn't have the others as an option...

13. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

14. kogi

kogi Ogre

15. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

My only epics are Bimson's Hard Stone and Apprentice Tactics. No Legendary this week.

Hammer Of Bashing would be decent if it weren't so map dependent. Pengwin would probably like Sky Locket. Wingtip Robes could be amusing to use, but Resistant Hide is too vital when using Firestorm or facing another wizard.

Stormward Pauldrons could be amusing, if you are lucky with rolls. If Absorbing Block can trigger on Travelling Curse, then Acrobat's Aegis is amusing. Sub-zero Staff is telling me that I have to find time to play this week... Rapier Of Misfortune wants to change my priest build completely, while St. Forgue's Sword says I should keep doing what I am doing.

16. Jotun

Jotun Mushroom Warrior

Nice Sub-zero Staff.

17. kewl

kewl Kobold

18. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

There isn't much to see at my rares shop this week - which is kind of good because I've got very little gold. The only things that are a bit tempting are St. Forgue's Sword and Booming Ring. The ring is pretty cool, but I had it during the beta and I almost never ended up using it - so I'm thinking that I should probably save my money for something that I'm likely to use right away. The sword is only 'rare', so maybe I'll get that a bit later in the week.

Aside from that, the rest is pretty much junk. The only two legendaries are Perfect Footwork and Superb Flexibility, which I'm pretty sure I'd never use if I had them (except just for messing around in single player or something like that). Hawlic's Armor is decent compared the armours I have currently, but I know there are better ones which may come up next week - so I'm not going to buy it. Shimmerwing Robe just cannot compete with the other robes I've already got. There's no chance I'd ever use that. ... And those are the only epics and legendaries for sale.

19. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Funny, I never had a booming ring in beta, but I have two of them now, and they're both in my main MP build. (I use two control wizards who manage to do some damage combining path of knives with winds of war.)

20. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Yeah, Path Of Knives really is very powerful when combined with Winds Of War - but the trouble I have with it is that path of knives is pretty short range, and so often I can't really use it until the enemy is right on top of me - at which point I really want to use the winds of war first to get their warrior out of my face...

Nevertheless, it is a strong combo. But so far I've preferred to get my Path Of Knives from Sarigo's Rod and Blood Locket.