Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Don't DO that! I thought you were talking about the Card Hunter beta for a moment!

I'll just have to go back to waiting.

. . . Cardhuntria! I shall one day know your vibrant forests, your jagged peaks, your perilous dungeons!

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

...your totally placeholder name.
    Oh. I guess you know that already.
    I wonder if we'll ever change it.

3. Diamondius

Diamondius Kobold

The thing is that there isn't a game that is similar enough to cardhuter atm except scrolls that isn't also out yet. And even scrolls isn't similar enough... So the games TO play based on similarity would be kinda blankish. Else we can just spam some tactical TBS that exist out there.

P.S. Yes I am really looking forward to explore that world too :D Wanna bag me some dragon lewt

4. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Cardhuntria! Cardhuntria!
    Thy monsters I won't fear!
    I'll trudge thy hills, to pay my bills,
    With looted gold and gear!

Don't change the name! It's totally in character for the whole board-game-at-Gary's-place metafiction!

Gary pledges to preserve the noble traditions and sacred customs of our glorious continent! Gary 2012!

A Bear, Zoorland, Farbs and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

You, mightymushroom, are a credit to humanity.

6. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

In recent days Conclave has been an enjoyable romp, it's almost like a browser based, asynchronous D&D game.

http://www.playconclave.com

There's also Hero Mages, which to me feels similiar to how (I think) Card Hunter will play, but without the oh-so-important element of, well, card hunting.

http://www.heromages.com/

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Because it's XCOM, and it's wonderful, although the mouse controls are somewhat bugridden(hello consoleitis). It's addictive and similar to the point where I'm wondering if Card Hunter development is being affected because the devs are playing late into the night after work.

Grak and Madfoxinator like this.
  8. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I have started playing the Game of Thrones LCG like it's my job. Except I pay them.

There was ever a chance CH's land wasn't going to be Cardhunteria? And now it has such a snappy song? I certainly figure the Beta Barbarians would hail from Carhunteria, no matter what those civilized folk might call it.

9. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Is it bad that I failed the tutorial? :(

Failed at the conversation, no less. :oops:

10. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Bleh, i hope Card Hunters doesnt have as much RNG as Hero Mages. Its a fun concept but the dice rolls just make or break the game, a character could be literally 1 shot or survive multiple rounds from multiple enemies.

11. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Xcom... I need to stop naming my assaults after myself, they keep dying

Hexyz likes this.
  12. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I loved Apocalypse, i've seen gameplay of the new one and it looks good but imma wait for some of the bugs to clear out before i buy anymore games.. Havnt even finished boarderlands 2 so not sure how i can handle a new premium game right now, been mostly flash games.

13. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I just jumped straight into the multiplayer...and promptly lost all my games.

14. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

15. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

If you ask nicely, Farbs might still be offering the last two free supporterships, granting access to the other games in the series. The offer might have expired sometime in the past days-short-of-a-year, of course.

Farbs likes this.
  16. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Asked for and received!

17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Yep, I mentioned Hero Mages in the first post of this topic. Unfortunately, it is broken for iOS 6 atm, but they have already submitted the fixed version to Apple, so I just have to wait now. I know i can play on my PC too, but I always forget to, lol.

In other game release news, Talisman Prologue has a demo out now with one of the quests to check out, and for $10 you can pre-order the game and then immediately download a beta that has all the Warrior quests. It's pretty cool stuff.

http://www.talisman-game.com/

18. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Checking out conclave right now. Lol the True Bow guy doesnt even have a bow on him XD

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not sure what to think about talisman it seams fun and all but i don't see it holding me long enough to make me want to buy it. Funnily enough if they didn't have the whole score attack turn thing as such a big deal i would probably have bought it since the price is lowish.

20. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

The two games I can think of that are similar to Card Hunters would be Frozen Synapse and D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter

Frozen Synapse is a turn based tactical game involving variations of weapon types and a cover mechanic that allows for setting up shots behind walls or popping up behind a waist high wall to get a shotgun to the face! The art is vary basic, and is easily run on any PC. There is a free trial for the game on their website.

D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter is the traditional tabletop D&D made simple, run through facebook apps. You follow level up yourself and figure out the mysteries revolving Neverwinter. The ability to create your own dungeons and play anyone elses is a nice feature. To fully play through the game in a short amount of time you will need to pay microtransactions, but I believe if you only want one or two dungeons a day you are able to do that for the entire story without a problem.