Buyback and Sell Prompt

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by IncognitoGeek, Sep 20, 2013.

1. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

I just sold one of my Epics by accident. And the problem is, they sell for such a cheap price but when you want to buy them back, they are more than 10X the original price. So here are a couple of suggestions I have to save everyone the heartache of losing an item.

1) Add a prompt "Are you sure you want to sell <item>?" for rare and above quality items
    2) Add a buyback tab/screen/store so that people who do sell items by mistake can buy them back.

Hope this helps. :)

Thorik, Pengw1n and kogi like this.
  2. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

3. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

I made the rookie mistake of changing some gear around on my mage from the shop screen, I dragged his nice epic staff out of the avatar inventory and rather than dropping it in the bottom pane I dropped it in the upper "shop" window. Cha-Ching, I probably got paid 50 or 100g. I went to buy it back and it was selling for 500g, more money than I had :(

4. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

That's EXACTLY what happened to me. Were you able to get your staff back? Or at least the 500g?

5. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

no, it is gone. It sucks but it taught me a lesson, I'll be more careful next time.

6. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

Yeesh. Sorry to hear that. :(

Hope I can get my item back. :(

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

And for folks reading over here, I'll copy my quote from that thread:
    A prompt would interfere with normal gameplay (popping up all the time, even when talking just "Rare" items). However, a quick direct buyback option would solve the problem instantly.

8. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

I agree with you there, that this may interfere with gameplay. But isn't that the point of putting up a 'prompt' anyway? Just like when Gary or Karen or Melvin have something to say, there's a dialogue box up top and a 'Continue' button directly below it... you're *meant* to read it.

To me, that's the point of having an 'interference' like a prompt: to make the user look/think twice before selling said item. Sure the buyback would solve the problem, but players will still complain "I wasn't supposed to sell that item". Even with the buyback window or option in place, if the prompt wasn't there they may inadvertently or absent-mindedly sell an item they weren't supposed to.

Lastly, I believe this should be part of the selling mechanic because I don't think the buyback window will be 'always there'. I'm assuming of course that there will be a short timeframe for allowing items on the buyback window, say, only the last 20 items sold or for this login session only, etc.

Thoughts?

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh ho ho! Look here:
    They are beginning the process. We'll just have to see how it works when they announce a change in an actual game build.

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, Jason has started working on this already, as Sir Knight cunningly detected.

Aldones, Zalminen and Pengw1n like this.
  11. IncognitoGeek

IncognitoGeek Kobold

Awesome! :D Good news!

And oh thanks again for restoring that Item I sold by accident. :D