Woot. First Legendary?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by kogi, Sep 12, 2013.

1. xyceres

xyceres Kobold

I might be the first to get two legendarys in the same end of map screen. Got Evasion and Hand Of Melvelous at the end of the melvelous the magnificant module (Evasion was club reward)

2. progammer

progammer Ogre

I got Hand of Melvelous at that module too. Looks like a guaranteed (pretty sure I got it last time i'm in beta as well, it was Epic back then)

3. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Hand of Melvelous I'm certain is a set reward; And the club reward has a minimum rarity based on the items in the chest. So because you get a fixed legendary, I guess the club reward is always legendary too...? It's a one-time thing though.

I haven't gotten a non-fixed legendary yet. There are a couple good items in Randimar's that I want; I'm racing through modules to earn money and level up so I can afford the stuff I want before it cycles out. There's a Rageblood Dagger, Auric Charm, Stone of Shards and Chestnut Boots that I want to swipe up before they're gone. I'm pretty sure I can cover the gold cost easily since I lucked out and dropped some epic treasures, I just need to level up to drive the price down.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

5. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Along with Hand of Melvelous i received Wym's Lavastaff

Anyway the 2x volcano and 4x firestorm is amazing!

(edit: thanks to karadoc for pointing out how to link items)

6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I got a second legendary already! That feels like pretty good luck to me. It's Ariston's Helmet, which happens to be one that I had in the beta as well. I didn't use it in the beta, because I already had a bunch of other helmets that I preferred - but this time it's the best helmet I've found so far, so I'll be using it. :) (It's no Wym's Lavastaff though... that item rocks.)

Incidentally, I've completed the single player campaign. I was trying to do it quickly because I didn't want to miss out on the ticket. ;)

@Haxzploid, you can link to items like this: [item]Wym's Lavastaff[/item]; and similarly with cards (but with [card] tags).

Haxzploid likes this.
  7. kogi

kogi Ogre

8. Aviar

Aviar Kobold

I found the Orc Painting as well around level 3. I was really stoked when I saw legendary and a little disappointed when I saw it was treasure, but the 1K gold was definitely nice to get at the low levels.

9. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Mushroom Warrior

Just got my first non-guaranteed Legendary at the end of the White Star adventure. That was a strange level...all 5 items were treasures (Amber and Amethyst Fragments, a Small Ruby, the White Star itself, and some Dwarven Pantellas). Looks like it's time to go shopping.

10. Sir Knight

Or any level, as your selling prices for items never change, so 1000 gold is literally the best gold jackpot you can get.

Also, seriously, who doesn't want a few Orc Paintings to hang on walls around their keep?

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Think that one is set up to be treasure in general - sort of thematic, and something I thought of every time I played through it.

12. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Mushroom Warrior

Ah, that would explain it. I don't remember my loot from the beta.

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

14. Jotun

Jotun Mushroom Warrior

Question: is it just me or did they bump up the drop rate? I seem to be getting far more epics/legendaries compared to beta.

15. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

While asking about "Was it this way in Beta...?"

Was the borrowed party for your first ever game level 20 during Beta? I had been shocked to be over (prior) level cap right from the start of things.

16. kogi

kogi Ogre

Is it because of club? With club you get an epic+ for treasure hunts and legendary for Mervelous

17. Sir Knight

Yes. Hence we don't see Greenfang again during the current campaign. But hopefully we will return and face him "properly" whenever the campaign is extended.

18. Dreamsleep

Dreamsleep Kobold

19. Jotun

Jotun Mushroom Warrior

Nope.

Maybe i just got lucky. ;)

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra