[Suggestion] - More Depth to Map Maker

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by AfewGoodTacos, Aug 19, 2013.

?

If the Devs could only focus on one element that I suggest, which would you prefer?

1. Search Function

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Delayed/Triggered Spawning

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Temporary/triggered barriers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Searchable index of all tokens in CH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Create multiple "Chapters" in a custom game, like the SP Campaign

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Defensive Enemies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fog Of War

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Natural Hazards

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. AfewGoodTacos

AfewGoodTacos Kobold

These are a couple suggestions I came up with after playing with the Map Maker for a couple days straight. I love it a lot. Its incredibly addicting to someone like myself who loves making maps and creating interesting stories around the environment. If you need any clarification, please let me know.

• Search function. The ability to just start typing in something and see what pops up. If I start typing "tree", I should see all the tree elements available to me, etc.

• It would be awesome to have delayed/triggered spawning of enemies. Big bad giant won't spawn until all the other smaller enemies are wiped out, or, you move from one room to another, and upon entering there are new enemies that spawn. Accidentally stepping on a trap square spawns an enemy, etc.

• Barriers on the board that keep the player from passing until a certain goal is reached (# of stars, elimination of all enemies on board, etc.). Good for large maps that should be sectioned off until a specific event happens (eg. kill all the defenses around the outside of a castle, the entrance opens up so the players can storm in for the next wave).

• Searchable index of all tokens in CH. Sometimes I can't remember what the difference is between a kobold warrior and a goblin warrior. A handy reference would be invaluable to someone trying to set up a game.

• The ability to create multiple scenes, and tie them together like chapters, similar to how the single player campaign is set up. Also the ability to put in a custom description of the game (again, like the SP campaign).

• Defensive enemies. The ability to tell enemies to "protect this square/token", so they don't always just pursue you, and you have to run in and attack them.

• Fog of war. Not always being able to see where every piece is on the board. The board and doodads can be visible at all times, but tokens wouldn't unless within a certain (cumulative) range of a team.

• Natural hazards/traps. Quicksand, lava pools, spikes (roll chance to impale, or survive, etc.).

I'm absolutely obsessed with this map maker. You guys have done a wonderful job and I can't wait to see the future improvements you guys bring to this. My friends and I have been scattered across the country as we've gotten older, so to play one of our favorite past-times (DnD) together can be very difficult. This is becoming an awesome way for us to reconnect and have fun like the old days. Thank you!

Farbs and Phaselock like this.
  2. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Custom monster decks! Admittedly, I haven't spent time with the map maker, so feel free to ignore me.

Neofalcon and progammer like this.
  3. progammer

progammer Ogre

That's all I need, maybe with monster HP and star value too

Neofalcon likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I do not want the ability to edit monster decks without restriction; that would result in all sorts of nonsense like golems with war monkey decks. This was my suggestion:

I'd also like some way to commission new monsters from the devs; maybe set up something like Kickstarter where players pledge pizza for the monsters they want.

5. kogi

kogi Ogre

I think this deserves a bump

Personally I would like to see trap square. ie when a pc steps on a trap square, they can trigger a spell like firestorm or zap. Or close doors, or make a monster appear

Banezilla likes this.
  6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Its not about editing existing decks, its about creating new decks. Say, I want to make a 2x2 boss that uses acorn bombardments, shattering sweeps combined with life leeching minions with heals + talented healers. It would make for a very nice custom scenario, a different puzzle and a whole new potential adventure chain. The current custom editor is good but not great...yet. :)