Let's introduce ourselves!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zenebar, Jul 21, 2011.

?

Which "class" do you align with the most?

1. Warrior

27.7%
  2. Rogue

30.5%
  3. Wizard

41.8%
  1. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Dominion burnout happened with my group too--and its a shame because now I really have been itching to play.

Witch is best!

2. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Have you been playing with expansions? My group of friends got all the way to Alchemy before starting to frequently choose other, newer games to play at games nights.

3. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I only own vanilla, but we played with a lot of the expanded cards online. I can't exactly put my finger on why we got tired of playing--I think it was just way too much exposure in short bursts. I'm tempted to put down the extra cash to see if that would rekindle, but we get together so infrequently these days anyway...

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

sokolov, I keep being distracted by that Cactuar. Cactuars are inherently distracting. Are you trying to sow distraction and chaos wherever you go?

5. sokolov

sokolov Mushroom Warrior

Haha. I don't know when/why I started using this, but at my old job, the players would say "Cactuar approved!" if I posted in a thread and liked what they were saying.

skip_intro likes this.
  6. Fenrir

Fenrir Kobold

Hey guys, Fenrir here. I absolutely love the direction this game looks like its going, it seems like it has everything I could possibly want in it. I dabbled in Pen and Paper D&D a while back, but never really had a bunch of likeminded people to play it with. I've played lots of D&D video games though, going back to Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga, which is probably my favourite game of all-time. (Purely for nostalgia). Also played a fair amount of card/board games. Pitching in on the Dominion conversation, I own the Original and Seaside, another friend owns Intrigue and Prosperity, and then we combine them for game-nights. Not quite burnt out on it yet, but its getting there lol.

I'd tend towards a Ranger in most games that have the option, so I picked Rogue in the voting.

7. Hi ppl Cornelius Sula here (yes it is a roman dictator ;)). I played AD&D for 15 years back intensivly as a DM, than i maried... :( no more AD&D. And absolutly cant wait till betta starts.Played moust of RPG games but my favorite is Baldurs Gate trilogy, it has kick like no other game since.

Clerics rule!

8. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Hi, I'm Dugrim.
    This is the name of my first Character playing Dungeons and Dragons (14 years ago, Dwarf Warrior...), and now it's my nickname over the Web.
    I played a lot of RPG (D&D, AD&D, World of Darkness, Warhammer, Exalted, GURPS...) and card games (Magic, Doomtrooper, Lost eden, V:TES, Rage, WarCry, 7Wonders, Dominion...) on "real" and some nice PC games (cards and RPG).
    This game seems to me the right fusion between RPG and card games: we'll see.

9. Nemo1342

Nemo1342 Kobold

Nemo here,

I've had my eye on Card Hunter for a while now, and as it seems like it's probably we're probably getting pretty close to the beta, I thought I'd drop in to the forums and say hello. I love me some CCGs, starting with Magic (I stopped playing long before many of you had probably heard of the game, just before Ice Age came out), and most recently, I was a pretty hardcore player of a game called Tyrant, on Kongregate. Also love me some tabletop games, Power Grid being my personal favorite, but also love Citadels and Innovation. Anyway, hopefully we'll all get our beta keys soon so we can start mixing it up!

-Cheers

10. Sir Knight

That's about when I stopped, too. Though an interesting thing happened: I ceased "hearing about it" after that point. It was like everyone around me stopped playing at the same time. Odd.

11. Lauris

Lauris Kobold

Hi, I'm Lauris, a fan of Magic: The Gathering, and ever since I found out about Card Hunter, I keep clicking the bookmark everyday, waiting for the "we're working on it" greeting to go away :).

12. brock

brock Kobold

Hi, all!

My name is Brock. I've been eagerly anticipating Card Hunter for quite some time (I think I saw a Kotaku article about it near the beginning of 2011 and have been following since then). I write for a tiny games website (http://www.goozernation.com/) and love video games of all sorts.

I played M:TG for a very brief period of my life and enjoyed it, and I am intrigued but intimidated at the prospect of getting into D&D. Card Hunter basically seems like it's going to scratch every itch for me: deck building, RPG, turn-based strategy, loot, character building/equipping, great "fantasy-lite" type storytelling, and so many others.

And I'm going to go ahead and assume that the developers' recent silence is not due to the holidays, but rather the final push to get the beta ready. Don't challenge my illusion!

13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

He he, a bit of both. I did take a week or so mostly off but I also spent some of that time sketching out a proper schedule to get this sucker out.

14. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Hello forumites. I've had my eye on this game for a couple of months now, figured I'd finally register to the forum. Hoping for a beta slot...

I'm an old hand at tactical wargames, cardgames, and mmos... I cut my teeth on xcom back in 92, started with MTG back in 94(as well as vampire: the eternal struggle, and the middle earth CCG when that came out in 95), started roleplaying around then as well, started playing WH40k back in 96(and played it for 3 editions, 2nd, 3rd, 4th), and me and some friends totally revamped Mordheim rules for local play(updated to align with newer fantasy battles, and balanced costs, with the help of playtesting), I also played Inquisitor, but can't find anyone to play with anymore. I've played most major computer tactical squad games(from aforementioned xcom, to silent storm, etc), I started on MMO's with Neocron betatest(2002 IIRC), and have betatested half a dozen more since(and played some already released ones too), most recently Wakfu, which is a turn based tactical MMORPG.

So basically this game is right up my alley.

15. sokolov

sokolov Mushroom Warrior

Update: I am now the Lead Designer for PoxNora :)

16. Sir Knight

Dang.

Dang, I say.

17. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Congrats!

18. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

Hola!

The names Michael, an avid gamer with a penchant (I sure hope that's how you spell that word) for CCGs.
    I chose Wizard, because who's ever heard of a martial minion master?
    Been gaming since I was four (Age of Empires on my Dad's PC) and it's sorta stuck with me.
    Living in Melboure, Australia and currently studying at Uni to be a Game Designer, which I've always found ironic because it cuts into my play-time.
    I'm Texaport anywhere that isn't this forum, unless you're on the website of the company I stole the handle from (A Texan Software Firm)
    or you've met Texaport before and they were a jerk, because that totally wasn't me...probably.

It's a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to seeing how this game and it's budding (well...budded, I know I'm late to the party) community turn out.

In summary;

Michael.
    Arrogant, eccentric, at your service.

19. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

What kind of program? Computer Science? Art?

20. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I'm currently in RMIT's "Games and Graphics Programming" degree, which is chiefly programming (Java, C, C++) and core IT skills with a small amount of Game Design electives.

Also I have no idea how this quote function works.