[Suggestion] Ranked SP

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Keyser, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

For those who favor the campaign and want more challenges or want to see how they stack up, how about a bunch of scenarios with a ranking system just like in MP? You'd be matched into a scenario where, based on your rating, you'd be expected to win about half the time. And in a nod to those of us who sometimes need to step away because of an awake baby or some such, these could be untimed.

Making a lot of extra scenarios might be more work than the devs want to do, but this could be a nice way to incorporate user-generated content.

Thoughts?

Snacksmoto and Letharis like this.
  2. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Bueller?

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I was rather hoping the custom scenario system would encourage people to build their own SP challenge maps. I've seen a couple and had a lot of fun with them, and am keen to see some more.

4. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

I think people will have more desire to build maps if they know the maps will be incorporated into the game in an "official" capacity, and therefore played frequently. You might also have a thumbs-up/thumbs-down voting system after people have played the maps, and designers could get some amount of gold as a royalty for each thumbs-up vote.

Letharis likes this.
  5. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

I think the issue with this is, when you play a custom scenario and beat it you don't get any loot. So power players don't see a reason to play it at all and normal people see 0 progression from beating a custom scenario.

6. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

My preference for ranked SP is that it would have the same chest progression as ranked MP (or similar, depending on the relative time involved).

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Imho, co-op and custom monster decks are the two must-haves for the custom scenario system to take off. But these are really back-burner stuff atm... :(

Pengw1n likes this.
  8. Banezilla

Banezilla Mushroom Warrior

what would be cool to see is SP style tournaments , where for example say you have an hour to clear as many maps as you can and the one with most cleared gets an item. or you have only an hour to to clear 5 maps and if you complete it then you get an item....ect. you could make the items for the first race i talked about limited quantity, say like only make 10 items(one of kind, with say a one of kind card on it along with other existing cards) so you can have the same race at different times in a 24hr period. you could do SP and MP this way and it just adds something new to game.

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'd like a place where players could face an endless (or very long) chain of SP battles of increasing difficulty until the player is defeated. (I'm thinking of something like "battle tower" in the Pokémon games.)

The battles would be like MP battles vs AI, but against stronger and stronger AI opponents the longer the player's winning streak is. Opponents could be made stronger by simply giving them better versions of their cards (eg. upgrading from Flimsy Block, to Block, to Impenetrable Block); and by increasing their HP (eg by changing the enemy characters' species to something stronger. They don't have to be elf/dwarf/human); and even by increasing the number of enemy characters - so that later battle might be 3 vs. 5.

The main point of something like this is that I'd like there to be some end-game goals and challenges for solo play. The 'quests' that are in the game currently are alright, but a lot of them a pretty bland challenges, and even if a player does enjoy a particular quest, they can't re-play it after it is completed anyway. So I thing some more repeatable and dynamic end-game challenges would be good.

Acen, Keyser, Stefan and 4 others like this.
  10. Acen

Acen Kobold

yeah i like the idea and also you could have an system where you beat lets say 5 waves then you can start at the fifth wave if you die and so on so the players who have really good gear dont have to always start at level one. and maybe there would be kinda off an boss every now and then and you could get gold chests from them and normal chest from the others and maybe epic bosses or something every lets say 25 levels where you could maybe get an purple chest.