Penetrating Attacks

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by The Maestro, Aug 7, 2013.

1. The Maestro

The Maestro Kobold

I am confused as to what attacks are Penetrating. I see some 3-1 attacks that specifically say penetrating, but then I get items like the one attached, and I am confused if the impalers will work with my attacks. Is "Able Stab" a penetrating attack?

Slicer is confusing as well, in that there is the chop enhancement, yet some weapons only say Chop in the name. None have "Chop" as an attribute.

beta1.png

Let me try a different way...

Some attacks say "Penetrating" as a rule. Others do not, yet could they be penetrating attacks?
    Some attacks say "chop" in the name, but not in the rule - yet they work as chop should.

I think "Penetrating" should always be in the rules section as well as "Chop" should always be in the rules section for those particular attack cards. Does that make sense?

Seems like it is inconsistent.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Able Stab is not a Penetrating Attack, Penetrating Lunge is one. It has to have the keyword - Penetrating in the text box to trigger the trait.

Yeah, I can see your confusion though (names vs keyword for slicer and penetration). But it's usually ccg standard to have some rules variation between some damage types - as to not make x=y with just another flavour.

3. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

My frustration when learning the game was with Bash cards. I kept trying every flavor of Bludgeon I found hoping they would also count as a Bash somehow.

Bash/Chop - that word needs to show in the card name
    Penetrating - That keyword needs to show in the card abilities.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

And:

Electrical/Arcane - Keyword in the little bar of keywords right below the picture.
    Burning - Term in the card abilities.

The only thing to do is read the cards from top to bottom. Fortunately, it's easy to search: type "Penetrating" into the search bar and there's no question of where it appears.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.