Scenario Editor

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kalin, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

When you try to save a scenario, it lists all the files in the directory instead of just the ones ending in .scn :

save.png

which is real annoying when your directory has hundreds of screenshots (the board editor also has this problem). The load function filters properly in both places.

The dropdown box for selecting monsters isn't wide enough for all the names:

editor.png

maximizing my window doesn't change the size any. And why are we dedicating half the area to a (single column) list of players in the lobby? I'd prefer to only see that list when I click "Create Game" (and only if "Opponent Is AI" is false).

2. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

Just a little of topic, is there a tutorial for the scenario editor?

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Re Filenames:
    Yep, sorry, this is a bug in flash and not something we can do all that much about. It looks like the bug has been around for several years already, so I doubt we'll see a fix for it any time soon.

Re Monster Selection List and Pane Widths:
    These are actually intertwined problems - the dropdown lists are as wide as their non-dropdown states, however there's only so much width available in the pane. I'm experimenting with making the Scenario pane a little wider right now.

Re Tutorials:
    Not yet sorry. I've been meaning to do this for ages. Feel free to write one!
    In the meantime, here are two vids showing how to use the board editor:
    - Lance
    - Me

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Not yet, though Lance posted a video showing how to use the board editor here.

Farbs beat me to it. I'll try to throw together a very basic tutorial over on the Chat board.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hey thanks!

There's currently a stub in the wiki for it, which we link to from the official (unwritten) help page. The wiki stub is here:
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/A_Tutorial_to_making_custom_scenarios

If your mini tutorial went there instead it'd be picked up by people who don't use the forum, since it's linked from the actual game.

...aaand it looks like my notes on these were accidentally published, so I'll go clean them up now.
    Oh, also, in case you missed it, we removed the club requirement so now anyone can launch a custom scenario.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

There are two links from Wiki Main Page reserved for Modder's: custom boards and custom scenarios. Lemme know if/when you (Farbs, Kalin, whoever) want to link the stub to it.

7. Tofystedeth

Tofystedeth Kobold

Oh man, I didn't even know there was a scenario editor. That's cool.