Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm curious how you decide which cards are or are not bursts. Also, Cave In doesn't say burst (at least as shown in the wiki), yet it was stopped by blocking terrain. I haven't encountered Rockfall yet.

2. Fry

Fry Ogre

Context: played Backbiting Strike, finishing an enemy, then blocked the damage to myself with Spiked Mail.
    Coraline's Jump Back made the roll to move out of the way of Mighty Spark.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

4. Moanerette

Moanerette Kobold

The 'Shuffle, Team!' card states "Push 1 other allies", but the card actually affects both the character's colleagues.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's not a typo, just unclear phrasing: each of your other allies is Pushed 1.

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Phrasing should be "Push other allies 1"

7. Moanerette

Moanerette Kobold

Yes, that would do it. Similarly for the 'Run, Team!' card, which currently states "Push 3 other allies."

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think it might be weird, since the keyword is Push - and the 1 is related to that. So maybe Push 1 (other allies)?

9. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That still looks like it suggests it only affects one ally, Penqw1n, to me at least.

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Push 1 (all other allies)

?

skip_intro likes this.
  11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Yes, much better, IMHO.

12. madar

madar Kobold

He is a little princess, made this selfie with her mobile at the bathroom mirror...
    (yea just found this thing, and was thinking how is possible)

13. Antistone

Antistone Mushroom Warrior

Rushing Aura says "Whenever you play a Move card, add 2 to its Move Points." Energizing move says "Whenever you play a Move card, add 1 move point to that move." I assume these work the same, but the wording and capitalization are inconsistent.

14. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Kobold

Backbiting Strike says "When you play this card, take 3 slashing damage." however if the attack is dodged/block/avoid in some way the attacker does not take the three damage. To me, this translates to take 3 damage when this card is revealed. Even if it is blocked or dodged you still played the card.

Personally, I like the above interaction as stated in the card text but I recommend changing it to "On successful attack, take 3 slashing damage." as an easy fix.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

17. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next build, thanks!

18. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

19. Tofystedeth

Tofystedeth Kobold

Not necessarily a bug, but the text on Holy Presence as written can be read to mean that the heal only triggers on characters from whom you've removed an attachment.

20. doom_

doom_ Kobold

Rusty Armor is discarded after successfully being activated, but the card's text does not indicate this.

Screenshot of Log:
    [​IMG]

Code:
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stand of Maples,Room=SINW (doom_),RoomID=35761,Msg=The active player is now Gary

BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Stand of Maples,Room=SINW (doom_),RoomID=35761,Event=PlayAction,Action=Able Bludgeon,Instigator=Greenshoot,Targets=Valzeaxe

BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Stand of Maples,Room=SINW (doom_),RoomID=35761,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Rusty Armor,TriggeringActor=Valzeaxe,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stand of Maples,Room=SINW (doom_),RoomID=35761,Group=Valzeaxe,Event=Discard,Card=Rusty Armor

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stand of Maples,Room=SINW (doom_),RoomID=35761,Msg=Valzeaxe took 2 damage