Couldn't target a mob in Campaign

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by IvoryHeart, Jul 24, 2013.

1. IvoryHeart

IvoryHeart Kobold

Yesterday I was replaying a module in the campaign with a low lvl party and came across an issue where I couldn't target a particular mob. This isn't a bug report more just an observation and wondering if anyone else has run across this.

Let me lay out the circumstances. I had a dwarf warrior with only one attack left. it was a 6 / 2 stab. just to my left was a spider with 5hp left that I wanted to hit but diagonal to him and closer to the screen was one of those big trees. The big tree completely obscured the spider and was the only mob it would let me click on. Instead I passed and thankfully the tree moved and I was able to kill the spider.

In this situation is there some way to attack that spider when you can't even see it to click on it that I didn't know of?

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

It's likely that the tree hit you with a stun which would disallow anything but move cards. At least, if I understand the situation correctly. I'm a bit confused by "he big tree completely obscured the spider and was the only mob it would let me click on" -- how could that be the only one you could click on if you couldn't click on it? More likely you just couldn't click on any others so you thought the spider was the only possible target, but couldn't see it to click on it?

3. Ultreos

Ultreos Mushroom Warrior

Had this occur on the same map in question I believe. There is a position where the tree can stand and the spider can stand that makes the spider completely intargettable because the tree is in the way and only the tree can be targetted by attacks.

Its because the camera angle does not allow you to click on the spider as opposed to the tree.

A potential way to silve this would be multiple clicks in the same location will target and outline the target behind the other target informing you that you are targetting the spider. This seems to be a very rare occurrence and I have only encountered it on this one particular map. This tree literally is the only thing you can click on if the spider stands just right behind it.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd like to be able to rotate the board.

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

The way the map and the palette is designed, we can't rotate the board without making it looks weird and unnatural (doodad facing the wrong way). And even then each map will require to have 4 different version of all the doodads. It is a significant resources devoted to support rotating. I would rather make the targeting system better so you can target obscured target.