Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Got this: "Talented Healer triggered draw for (eventTargetGroups)." Saw this one appear multiple times.

2. Philomorph

Philomorph Kobold

Page 1 of the "Raid on Ommlet" has it spelled with only 1 "m" in the title "The Streets of Omlet".

3. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release, thanks!

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

When you complete Goblins in the Woods, it says the chief flees to his tree fort in the north, but the tree forts are actually located southeast.

The cover to Citrine Demon Portal says "on the Jakkar Peninsular". Not only did you misspell "peninsula", but the map location is actually on an isthmus. Cover is also missing the module abbreviation, and "Abysm" is probably a typo.

The name "High Mountain Pass" would be more appropriate for a gateway module rather than a side quest.

5. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Kobold

Unknown actor on Forest Spider, Jump Back.

[​IMG]

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Riddle of the Gnome Lords:
    Gary says: "Your search for the demons brings you to the Gnome Lords." What demons am I searching for? This was unlocked by completing Jewel of Alet Zhav; I haven't done Citrine Portal yet. Also, the cover says "Their High council beseeches you"; "council" should probably be capitalized. And who exactly is beseeching me? The gnomes?

Citrine Portal, before the fourth battle:
    "Conflag The Burning Fiend awaits you." "The" shouldn't be capital. Also, it explains that he uses ranged fire attacks, as if I hadn't fought one back in Melvelous (6 levels ago).

Cliffs of the Wyverns:
    Cover text has extra space in first sentence. And St Ulrich's Bones needs a period.

7. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Every time demonic miasma triggers, I see unknown actor appear.

8. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Kobold

Temple of Scales battle 2 Aftermath "they dont have much loot" missing apostrophe in don't.

9. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

In the level "Beneath the Monkey Temple", the text is too long and cuts off, as shown below.[​IMG]

10. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

In the quest titles: All of the quests ("No Party Deaths.", "Party has one health.", etc) have periods at the end, but "Use only [class]" does not. This should be standardized to all periods, or none.

11. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next build, thanks!

12. Ben_Lee

13. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

In the third mission of Against The Cockroaches, when you mouse-over the door enemy, it says "null" in the second field.

14. Ben_Lee

15. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Jump Back was displaying unknown actor...

Tsundere strikes Ironlanc
    (unknown actor) tries to jump backĀ…
    and succeeds!

16. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

There is a quest titled, "Equip only items with a Drawback card".

I assume this means cards with a black background. If so, these cards seem to be called handicap cards everywhere else in the game. This makes a big difference if you are trying to search for suitable items in the keep or in shops! Try typing "handicap" into the search box and compare it to the result of typing "drawback".

I'd suggest changing the quest to, "Equip only items with a Handicap card".

17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

It appears that this comes from searching for "card type," which means "the technical name for the card color." Thus, words like "Assist," "Boost," and "Handicap" will get white, orange, and black, respectively. These words do not appear ANYWHERE on the card.

We'd been using the terms "drawback" and "handicap" interchangeably in the months leading up to beta, but I'd agree that the game itself should choose one and stick with it.

18. anarius

anarius Kobold

[​IMG]Beneath the card it says "(unknown actor) feels the painful jolt of Arcane Feedback" I assume it should say the character's name - in this case "Padorax" instead of "(unknown actor)".

Attached Files:

19. anarius

anarius Kobold

Just a text thing: should say "I don't approve..." instead of the apostrophe, there is a box with an X in it.

Attached Files:

20. Dranwyr

Dranwyr Kobold

Identical bug in the GM text string "My brother Melvin says that a good GM isn't distracted by food mid session. He says..." I am uncertain yet if these are specific to the module but: Lair of the Trog Lizard, after first battle, after loot.

text bug.jpg