You really need to make this a SP/MP/Co-Op game

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Lecutter, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Lecutter

Lecutter Kobold

Absolutely adore what I'm seeing so far - apart from the freemium aspect. I'd dearly love to support you guys but I simply cannot get on board with this type of model. As the kids say, 'I'm not down with that'. Firstly, like most things with this sort of model everything is absurdly overpriced. Second, when the plug gets pulled on it I lose my investment. Third, I'm tired of any and all subscription models. Seems everyone and his dog has his hand out these days to reach into my pocket month after month after month. It's tiresome. Just create a product and sell it to me one time, thanks.

Regardless if this were published or KS'ed this is the sort of game I could be playing for years on end - much like how Civ never leaves my desktop while everything else comes and goes. I'd happily buy expansions and DLC from you were that the case. And an editor would really be the cat's meow and guarantee great longevity to it. I really do wish you guys all the best with this and hope it succeeds for you but I also hope you'll consider doing this as a regular video game and lose the online freemium thing.

Cheers
    Cuts

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Lecutter likes this.
  3. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

I think a one-on-one "DM with monsters vs. player with characters" mode would be great. Not so sure about any multiplayer mode with more than 2 players, the wait between turns might get too long.

4. Lecutter

Lecutter Kobold

Cool beans, thanks Pengy.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's one of the cool features of the custom scenario system - Either player can play as monsters or as their party!

6. Lecutter

Lecutter Kobold

Well ya learn somethin everyday, doncha? Thanks Farbs! ;)