Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Punctuation fixed for next release. The spacing is determined by relative word length, so unfortunately isn't directly controllable :/

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Ben_Lee

changed for next build, thanks!

3. Ben_Lee

fixed for next build, thanks!

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's grey/black now, but ...

... is still grey/orange. This is especially noticeable because Plate Mail has both.

Can we put the "New Card" sunburst somewhere else so it doesn't cover up the card name? (when zoomed out)

Smoke Bomb explains Burst 2, but doesn't actually use the word.

May not technically be bugs, but I'm bugged when cards with long names get abbreviated strangely. Some examples:

Wall of Illusion -> Illusion Wall
    Violent Overswing -> Violent Swing
    Surging Shield Block -> Surging Block

[edit] Is this the appropriate thread to complain about item names? There is a thread called Item Text Bugs, but it only mentions Heirloom Assegai (also mentioned in this thread). The only other existing thread I can find for it is the Game Text Bugs, which seems to be mostly module text and tutorial comments. Or I could just make a new thread.

5. Ben_Lee

We have to do this because there isn't enough space on the thumbnail cards for the long version of the name. Sorry :/

6. shram86

shram86 Kobold

Burst 2 (on Fireball, I think): Says "does damage with 2 squares" instead of "within"

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Could we rename Minor Heals to something like Two Small Heals so it doesn't get confused with Minor Heal?

8. Unholy energy says "at the start of each turn player draws a card and then takes two unholy damage for each non-attack card in thier hand" this is not what it does. I was playing with a friends and I had three attack cards in my hand and I took 6 damage? either the text is bugged or the effect. either way I am not using that card anymore until it gets fixed.

9. Ben_Lee

I just reproduced this and there is something wronmg going on. Logged, thanks!

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

11. Rambutan

Rambutan Kobold

Card log text for Spiked Mail says:
    "is wearing armor -
    and spikes (broken "herhis" tag) attacker" (in addition to the her/his tag, doesn't specify attacker's name).

Penetrating Zap (and possibly other Penetrating cards) does not trigger rolls for Armor that could prevent all damage (ex. Crude Plates).

12. Ben_Lee

Already logged, thanks!

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wait, what? They're Penetrating, so by definition they ignore Armor.

It's just things like Only Bones that defy Penetrating Attacks (and, in this case, only melee ones).

14. Ben_Lee

The broken gender tag is what I logged.

15. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Just to note I got this too yesterday.

16. Jabbro

Jabbro Kobold

The text on the "Block: Simple Wooden Shield" card gets cut off. The description displays "Simple Wooden Shie".

17. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Noticed two things in the game i just finished. When i played Gob of Flame, the following text appeared in chat: "Saeri fries Pongo with a sizzling bolt." The sizzling bolt text link brought up the Gob of Flame card.

Won a treasure called "Onxy Candleabra" - Onyx Candelabra?

18. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next build, thanks!

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Healing Burst doesn't say "burst" anywhere in the rule text. Possibly related to that, it isn't blocked by walls the way other bursts are.

20. Ben_Lee

Good point. This card is not actually a burst at all. Changing the card name to Healing Pulse, probably for the next next build. Thanks!