The card hunter club improvements suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by samuel, May 20, 2013.

1. gcaliber

gcaliber Kobold

The main problem is its WAY too expensive right now, everything is. The way the F2P setup is right now is going for a few people spending thousands and everyone else spending nothing. I think it would be much better to get a lot more people involved by lowering the amount of money many things cost.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Tbh, maybe turning the club into a onetime purchase would sit better with people...

3. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

What about a record/replay feature for multiplayer matches? I don't think it should be too hard honestly; The battle log used for finding bugs is pretty close to that already, the system would just need to save the log somewhere and read it back like a script. No need to save actual video at all.

4. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

I spent $75 so far on pizza and have used it to join the club and buy the extra dungeons. I personally do not care about character skins so I didn't buy any of those. I plan to join the club when the game goes live but what I would like to see is for the bonus dungeons to be included in (and only available from) club membership. This will accomplish two things -
    1. It will add extra perceived value from club membership, which I think all of us who posted in this thread agree it could use some extra "value"
    2. It will encourage more folks to become members, and obviously this is good for Blue Manchu but also good for us as players. In the long run more members = more revenue = more assets available to support the game

Also this way, there is incentive on Blue Manchu side to continue to develop new bonus modules, as that will encourage members to keep up their membership.

5. nerdstick

nerdstick Kobold

I'm in agreement: Club is waay to expensive. $10 a month is AAA MMO pricing, and even if I was considering putting that down on a game, I sure wouldn't do so on a game that also has microtransactions to boot.

<$5 is my cutoff point, and even at 5 it would be a tough sell for a microtransaction-supported F2P browser game.

6. Evil Calvin

Evil Calvin Kobold

I just started the game today (and love it) and am worried how long the content will last? Like a previous poster mentioned...I will probably beat the game in a month. Why would one pay for a monthy subscription? I don't do multiplayer. I want continuing modules. Even at 1 module a month that will last a few hours at most. If they say $5 a month and you get a daily quest then fine! Thats $60 a year. How about either $30 for a lifetime subscription or "downloadable" quests at $1 a pop?! Or $5 module packs (10 or so quests). Bottom line is you can go on Steam and get a full game for $5. (Alan Wake...LA Noire..etc..). There has to be constant updating of quests. It can't take THAT long to create these scenerios. I would love it if I paid a $30 subscription and get daily quests. I could drop off for a few days and come back and find a slew of new things to do. It has to be daily and give us a reason to check back in.

7. Unprepared4u

Unprepared4u Mushroom Warrior

This is easily solved.

You don't want to make the game P2W, so you can't afford to deprive your non-paying players of too much content or time-saving advantages.

Make the club about features:

Friend's List
    Replays
    Spectator mode
    EXTREMELY LIMITED Equipment Trading (With other club members)
    Cosmetics

You get the gist. I'm sure there are plenty of good quality-of-life features that people would be willing to pay for.

8. Ravel

Ravel Mushroom Warrior

I would really like this. Either that, or if they lowered the subscription cost to roughly $5/month instead of nearly $10/month, then I could see myself subscribing.

9. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

$10 a month is way too much. I'm waiting to see if the price changes or club offers more than just bonus loot.

10. shram86

shram86 Kobold

I gotta agree with the voices in this thread. For a game offering a subscription model, you should be getting *the entire game* if you're paying per month. That means club members should have access to all the additional scenarios and extra things that are otherwise purchasable with pizza.

You already have to pay $10 to buy all of the treasure hunt scenarios, which is all I'm willing to throw at the game at this point. When there are more actual campaign scenarios, that would be a good time to invest more, but I certainly wouldn't pay 10 dollars each month I want to login and play just to get extra loot drops - the content just isn't there. Maybe club members should get an allotment of a couple hundred pizza as well.

The ability to play custom scenarios is, in my opinion, the biggest plus so far. Unfortunately, that alone isn't worth the price of admission either. If the scenario editor was upgraded to allow players to design entire campaigns then that would beyond a shadow of a doubt be worth the subscription cost.

11. Ultreos

Ultreos Mushroom Warrior

You know, I don't mean to sound like an elitist jerk here, but this thread sounds filled with people who simply want everything for paying nothing. People who don't want there to be any incentive for paying money.

I've played games with the pay 2 win option, and this isn't one of those games. You pay, and get good things, but overall people will catch up to you playing regularly and they will catch up quick.

The dungeons and extra items per completed storyline or pvp battle are great little extras.

When most games are completed within a month and never touched again after beaten 10 dollars for a game you legitimately enjoy to get some nice perks is far from asking too much. Especially when you don't have to spend a dime to enjoy the game you legitimately enjoy.

On top of that look how much bonus content they give you for a said, one time payment.

I come from games like runescape, where membership meant having a quieter server (No longer the case) A few more bonus areas, and some fun side stuff.

It was 5 dollars a month yes, but you know what? There's quality here, and they legitimately have a non pay 2 win model. The only reason I have not bought more money in Pizza is I want to see the completed product, and I am actually willing to pay for the year membership, why? It's a nice perk. It's not pay 2 win, and I want to support a very good gaming model.

You want to see true pay 2 win? Go play a game like Monster Warlord on the Android. That's what pay 2 win really looks like. These people are giving you incentives without making it required so quit treating them like criminals when a game like Monster Warlord practically gets a free pass. That's terrible for a player base to come off as.

12. Ultreos

Ultreos Mushroom Warrior

Also I saw mention of the Hex TCG here. As a 500 dollar supporter, and someone who has seen what they are offering as perks for the 4 dollar membership I can say with 100% certainty that the perks are less then what card hunter offers. I can actually say this with certainty because card hunter simply offers you essentially a "free booster" every mission you complete.

If you look at hex having a better membership model I gotta ask what kind of stuff you're taking because I want some. This offers you far more for far less. Look I don't want this game to be pay 2 win. But if you get nothing good for paying them money there is no purpose in paying them any money, and then the game dies because there is no support.

This game needs to give us things we want, without making it required. That is essentially the purpose behind all games. Things we want, the difference? This game shows us what we will get. It is up front.

This is truly a non pay 2 win model. It's paying for perks. Eliminating the perks, eliminates financial support.

Hex is actually quite a bad example because no one will ever get the perks offered during their funding campaign ever again. These perks here are 100% consistent outside of the bonus chests. Hex supports those who believed in the game from the start.

Look I'm not rich and I enjoy fun, free games, but a game that gives us zero incentive to spend any money is a game that will fail. This game shows us the game we get which is far more then any 50 dollar game gives us, and offers perks as it's pay model. This is so far from pay 2 win it's not even funny.

This thread is quite akin going to a pizza place that gives you your first pizza free and offers you a free pizza once a day, every day you come there, and then complaining that because you want more then one pizza a day they ask you pay extra that this is bad business.

No asking them to offer no perks for spending money is being bad customers.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Combining these ideas, what if you can create modules for free and play your own, but only club members can play other people's modules? The "free to create" aspect will insure lots of new content every month (the obscure action/puzzle game Netshift had about a thousand new levels every week). Most of that will be crud, of course, but it's still new content, and there will be some gems hidden in there for those patient enough to search for them.

14. Cysiu

Cysiu Kobold

I think the club is a nice option its expensive but u support the game add like an exclusive free costume every month.

15. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

What would that leave for the guy who wants to give Blue Manchu more than $100?

Sounds like a crazy question, but research shows that a significant portion of the income of a Free2Play game is coming from a handful of players who spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars, the so-called "whales". So I don't think one should be able to get everything for $100. As far as I can see Card Hunter is perfectly playable (if a big rough at the start) for $0, and if you spend $50 you get a three-month subscription, all the extra dungeons, the multiplayer decks, and a bit extra in chests or figurines. Which I consider a good deal that merits a "full price game" price tag.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How about:
    1. No campaign exhaustion for club members.
    2. Club members get a 5% discount on anything that costs pizza, including club memberships.

17. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

10$ seems about right... I'll probably get membership for a month or two at the launch. Anything longer than that would probably be waste regardless of the price, since usefullness drops quite a bit more you already have items, and I expect that after couple months, my number of chests will be way smaller than at the start.

1. Would certainly put high pressure on adventure design. One fast adventure with good loot and there will be serious problems.
    2. Not bad, can't come up with immediate downside.

18. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

This would only be fair if free players also had a way to get around exhaustion. Maybe through paying gold or something. Because:

19. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

This. The whole argument about free players putting in more time doesn't hold water due to the soft cap put in place for non-paying players. A player who trugs through the 20-win MP win, will get 5 rares and 1 epic. A club member will get 9 rares, 2 epics. That's nearly DOUBLE what you can get. There's no reliable way to "grind" this out in single player.

I'll be purchasing club membership when the game launches and there isn't a reset anymore. Sad to say, the primary reason for doing so is not to support the game. It is due to me feeling like it's a necessity. It doesn't feel like a perk, it feels mandatory. It's already rage inducing when I see an item on that pillow that I could have used in my deck. If that were to happen to me when the game goes live... I'd probably be incline to quit.

20. shram86

shram86 Kobold

Cross posting from here and here and summarizing a few other great ideas:

1. Being able to reset the cooldown on campaign missions as a club member, or being able to reset them with pizza
    2. Being able to purchase "pillow" items for a nominal pizza fee
    3. Being able to run your own "campaigns"
    4. Being able to trade amongst other club members