Beta 2.23 (20 June 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build is mostly focussed on multiplayer additions and changes. Highlights include: a new AI opponent (let us know how hard this is!), lobby links directly to the shops and a checkbox that allows you to avoid AI when looking for a ranked match.

We've also added a delete button to the deck builder to allow you to get rid of any old characters you don't want. To use this, first remove the character from your party and then scroll left to the inactive characters pile. You'll find the new delete button in the lower left corner. Be careful, as this will permanently delete your characters (though you'll get any items they are carrying automatically returned to your collection).

If you want to quickly strip items off a character, you can now control click them to drop them directly into your collection.

Lots of bug-fixes as well, including some changes that might fix problems with connecting to the server or loading the client.

Multiplayer
    • Added Mom AI
    • Add a checkbox to allow selection of no AI opponents in ranked MP.
    • Cap rating differences for ranked game matchmaking.
    • Add a lobby button that links directly to custom game create.
    • Added shops to lobby.
    • Rename Cuthbert's Clothing in lobby.
    • updated MP world map to make more space
    • Buying a starter pack always takes you to the MP deck builder.
    Deck Builder
    • Add a delete character button (and remove the old delete character screen).
    • Add ctrl-clicking equipped items to drop into inventory.
    Battles
    • Fix actor dying on (0,0) not being removed from board.
    • 2x2 figures can only trigger one terrain attachment each round.
    Cards
    • Inspiring Armor checks that target's health is greater than zero.
    • Hard to Pin Down is hidden while resolving.
    Story
    • Added GM skit to Temple of Terror
    Modules
    • fixed typo on stafford module cover
    Audio
    • Fix dangling event handlers in CurrencyDisplay (fixes extended gold selling/buying sounds).
    • Force gold sounds to preload.
    Client
    • Added *.cardhunter.com to the crossdomain.xml.
    • Added port 8080 to crossdomain.xml.
    Boards
    • Fixed Prison warden terrain
    Items
    • Fixed some item name spellings.
    Monsters
    • Fixed Guardian names (change class to race).

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. Jon

I found a small bug with this build: if you are playing on a computer with someone else who has unchecked the allow GM opponents and you haven't yet won a game, you won't get your guaranteed first MP game against an AI. I'll upload a fixed build now.

Also, the reset timer overlaps the casual game button slightly in the lobby.

3. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Mom... MOM... just... rocked... my world. In the worst possible way.

Beware of Mom!

4. Jon

Build fix (2.24) going up now.

5. Jon

Current build is 2.24, essentially the same as 2.23.

6. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Well, there goes my technique of (ab)using Wall Of Fire to make most 2x2 monsters trivial. Really looking forward to seeing how much harder this makes the game, I expect for me it will be significant!

Dorque, BFrost and Lance like this.
  7. Yeah, Mom's cards may be a bit on the side of ridiculousness. I could barely kill 1 of them. Will test further.

8. Routa

Routa Kobold

Yeah got demolished by Mom 3 times in the dungeon maps, 1450ish rating -> 1350ish rating. Can't see how I could've won any of those with my cardpool. I always considered the bot games "consolation prize" for staying in the queue for however long. With a smaller player pool I dont see why that should change. 5 minutes in queue is already ridicilous as it is, makes trying to hit 20 wins a full day's work. (done it once or maybe twice, not for me)

9. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

Did this update mess up with the in-game chat/log?

I can no longer click on the combat log to see the cards that have been played!

10. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I love the new version. I love the news in multi player but I prefer the last game-chat/log with the card in blue it is more visible, I think.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Might be related to this?

.@FarbsMcFarbs - Reformatted card links in play log (still underlined, but no longer blue until hover)

12. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

Is this "guaranteed first MP game against an AI" working for you guys? It never did for me. I just did my first MP game for today and got paired against another player, although nobody else but me is playing on this computer.

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think that first time vs ai - is first mp match (ever) only. This probably prevents the client from thinking the same computer=same account when it comes to first ai win.

14. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

If I recall correctly Jon said, until you beat the AI for the first time you will face only AI in ranked MP. So, as Pengw1n said, it is the first (ever) match(s) only.

15. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You mean one terrain attachment COPY or TYPE each round, right? So Lava plus Acid will still work, right?
    Hmm. Why make this change? Having them blue helps attract attention.

16. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

The terrain attachment change is a big update to campaign balance. It most definitely makes the bigger creatures harder to kill. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I'll be curious to hear feedback from others. The big creatures take less damage, so they live longer, which means you need to survive their cards for more turns.

I've only managed to test against the big trees so far, while I'm waiting for the Yellow Dragon to reset. The "large" trees can draw a lot of range attack cards (acorn blasts), and it's a challenge to survive through them for the extra turns it now takes to kill the monsters. I've been able to beat the final adventure of Black Oaken Heart, but it was incredibly close, both my (elven) mages were dead, and that was with a level 20 group.

Surviving the dragon for the extra 3+ turns it's going to take to kill him is going to be interesting.

17. Sir Knight

Yup! I'm excited to hear it! I just hope it's programmed well.

18. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

I had no big problems with Black Oaken Heart. I used a level 6 character and two level 19 characters and even this combination worked with the change.

19. Sir Knight

Hey. Just saw the new text in The White Star. It is new, right? I mean, I don't remember Melvin saying "Show no mercy here Gary. This adventure is so hard some players will wimp out and try Compass of Xorr instead."

Thank you, Blue Manchu. Thank you.

20. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

It's new. People were getting stuck on White Star. We wanted to draw attention to the fact you can skip adventures if you're struggling with them. Melvin is, as always, a tactful and encouraging presence.