AI Misfires Cones

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sonoran, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Sonoran

Sonoran Kobold

HOPEFULLY this is the proper place to say this and im not messing up. but on several instances the AI has used a Cone AOE in the exact opposite direction.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If you can take a screenshot of this it would be very helpful.

3. Sonoran

Sonoran Kobold

I can try, but its a rather fast occurance. Though more people have made their own threads about the problem now.

4. Gentley

Gentley Kobold

I´ve seen this today aswell. hard to screenshot this if its a cone without terrainattachment though ;)

5. Jon

A screenshot after the fact would be fine, if you can show which AI fired in which direction (just draw on top of it!).

6. dmr30

dmr30 Kobold

Yes I have noticed this as well ornithopters in one mission cast fire sprays twice in the wrong direction and hit nothing.

7. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I have a screenshot for you. Behold:

Cone Misfire Cropped.JPG

As can be seen in the log the Trapling has just used Fire Spray in exactly the wrong direction, hitting only Melvelous instead of my warrior (or both Melvelous and my warrior).

As a side note, Melvelous getting set on fire by his own minions really made me chuckle and seemed entirely in keeping with the narrative. I'll let you decide whether it's really a bug or not :p

8. Cysiu

Cysiu Kobold

Yeah in the Melvelous the Magnificent last fight i had something smillar Trapling was using Acid Spray in my direction but was only hitting Melvelous and was short 1 range of hitting me but it was fun to see him help me :)

9. bluntaxe

bluntaxe Kobold

10. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Orc Soldier

No screen cap, but as I mentioned in the other thread during multiplayer Gary proceed to have his wizard Acid Spray his entire team.

11. Sonoran

Sonoran Kobold

Ive had the weirdest luck lately and it hasn't happened to me again, anyone noticed any commonalities to when it happens?

12. Cysiu

Cysiu Kobold

Today it happend for me and i got a screen shot:
    [​IMG]
    I made this just after the Trapling used the acid wrong way.

13. Jon

I still cannot reliably reproduce this. I've seen it once after many attempts. Anyone have any clues as to what's going on

14. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I have seen it twice, both times on the map shown in the previous screenshot. I thought initially that it might be some oddness with a minus sign somewhere because all the examples in this thread show the cone being played in exactly the opposite direction to the presumably intended target.

But the example in the thread http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/frost-sprite-attacked-his-allies.2201/ is utterly baffling. The frost sprite uses an attack when none of the player's characters are even in range.

The only thing I can point to is this change in Beta version 2.19:
    All the bug reports of crazy cone usage seem to have come after June 5th, which is when 2.19 went live.

15. Cysiu

Cysiu Kobold

I had it happend few times on 2nd map and once on 3rd i all the times Melvelous was next to me and trapling was in range to use cone but it would hit Melvelous.

16. Jon

Yep, I followed the same idea. I'm also wondering if perhaps the AI is instigating the cone from the wrong member of the group.

17. Jon

That's definitely it, but I've re-read the new code and can't see the problem.

18. Sonoran

Sonoran Kobold

[​IMG] BAM, happened today. I think whats happening, atleast here, is that the AI is trying to maximize the amount of acid terrain it creates around blocking terrain and gets confused with the new cone system and just POOF, no hits at all.

19. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Jon, it seems like all of the screenshots from this and other threads have the enemy rotating counter clockwise one unit. You sure there isn't a misplaced digit or the like in the targeting cone code, or (as I suspect you have targeting/facing outside of spell methods) that the cone targeting could somehow be correct but adding onto targeting that has already been applied?

20. Jon

I wish that was it.

But this case doesn't seem to indicate anything that simple:

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/frost-sprite-attacked-his-allies.2201/

Also, this looks like a 180 degree rotation from what would have been best:

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/attachments/cone-misfire-cropped-jpg.390/