Beta 2.20 (12 June 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This new build rebalances Martyr Blessing to (hopefully) stop some of the infinite card drawing builds that are appearing in multi-player. It now no longer triggers from damage that originates from your own cards.

Also in multiplayer, you now are much less likely to get matched against someone you've played recently.

Finally, there are a bunch of additions to the deckbuilder including a new filter that can show only items usable (or even unusable) by the current character. Also you can now reverse sort by clicking on the same sort button again.

Let us know what you think!

Battle UI
    • Fix square attachments dealing damage and then staying on screen in a rotated arrangement.
    • Target previewing on card mouse over only looks at living actors as instigators (might fix a client side exception).
    • Cards return to zero hover offset when clicked - stops Traits being offset when attached to target.
    • MoveOnTargetedComponent hides the triggering card when it is resolving. Fixes Reflexive Teleport card (and others) getting in the way when choosing move destination.
    Cards
    • Martyr Blessing only draws on damage from enemy controlled cards.
    • Removed the thresholding on damage modification which was causing Wimpy to have no effect.
    • Fixed extra space in attack type for Demonic Feedback (fixes it not being discarded by Counterspell).
    • Fixed some punctuation on card flavor text.
    • shortened Spark Inductor card text to fit keyword.
    • Fixed a bunch more stop effects with terrain attachments.
    • Smoke bomb doesn't force Stop.
    • Cones only show forward arc when moused over in hand.
    Multiplayer
    • Matchmaker avoids re-matching same players in quick succession.
    • Removed the room owner from the MP battle list.
    Deckbuilder
    • Added a new "usability" filter to the deck builder.
    • Double clicking a sort in the deck builder reverses the sort.
    • Renamed the reset type filter button.
    Story/Hints
    • Added loss hints to Compass of Xorr
    • Story typos
    • Fixed story bugs
    • Did a pass on the first six levels of GM battle intros
    • Added skit to Order of the Core
    • Added a continue button to all GM prompts at the start of each battle.
    Modules
    • updated Trog Wizard module cover
    Club
    • Club expiry time is set properly when you have an already expired membership.
    Pizza
    • Updates to handling of reversed payments
    Client
    • Made out of date version error more user friendly.
    Internal stuff
    • Patch back metrics user access to adventure stats.
    • Remove the pointless sendQualifiedAdventures log message.

2. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

The reverse sort and filter are great! Thanks.

3. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Multiplayer Keep, new bugs:
    • When switching between characters, most or all power tokens are shown as available, even when already used
    • Race skills are not always filtered properly when toggling between All/Usable/Unusable

4. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

I have a Parry that won't fall off of screen. I can't see my party to move. There's a stack dump, which I'm uploading.

EDIT: I can move the screen around, but can't select anything else. Menu is clickable, but Resign Battle does nothing.

EDIT2: Welp, I'd say Parry and Predictable Stab are no longer playing nicely together. I've had it happen twice more.

Attached Files:

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Not just race skills... Clicking usable is just showing all zero talent items and unusable is doing the opposite plus all items that the character cannot use.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Doesn't look like parry is the problem, more like the damage from predictable stab is triggering crude plates without actually triggering crude plates. Deserves its own bug thread.

7. Jon

Looks like I introduced some bugs with the new filter. I'll try to get a fixed build up tomorrow.

8. zologan

zologan Kobold

Sorry... but I HAVE A KEY :p

9. Jon

Fixed the power token issues when using the usable item filter. Will be in the next build.

10. Boreas

Boreas Kobold

Hi, am playing through XORR & for the second time the game has crashed when I've double clicked on the cards to remove them when they are played.
    i.e. - you play a card they show in the middle of the screen, the enemy plays something over the top (like a block card), & you have to click on the cards to remove them from view...

11. Valor

Valor Kobold

This literally just happened to me, someone should look into it. :)

12. Jon

I'm hoping it's fixed in the new build (2.21)!

13. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Personally, I prefer the previous cone preview version. The main problem with cones is figuring out how exactly they move past LoS breakers in weird spots. This can be pretty tricky to figure out, while the general spread of it is not.

Ideally I'd like to be able to click the cone and have the AoE be visable when mouseover'ing the tiles in whichever direction - and then click cancel if I don't want to cast it.

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Isn't this already in ? You should be able to mouse-over any of the direction arrows to get the cone preview for said direction and you can cancel it too ! ;)

15. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Indeed! I take it back :) Somehow missed it, and mostly played around with non-cone teams the last build. Good job!