Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Thanks. Fixed!

2. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for picking this up. Fixed for the next build.

3. Card Hunter Joe

Hmm. Excel is stealing the apostrophes. This should be fixed now. Thank you!

4. elneil79

elneil79 Kobold

This hasn't been fixed properly. It now says something like "the battle destroy the kitchen" rather than "the battle destroyed the kitchen".

5. Card Hunter Joe

There is a little bit of lag in fixing the bugs and the changes appearing in the game. They go into the next build.

6. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

Hey Joe, here are a few text bugs I've collected in the past couple of weeks:

----------------

Gary says: "Oh er I've actually taken an interest in theatre. Well high culture really. That stuff earlier was um Shakespeare." There's plenty of missing punctuation here, mostly commas. I'd suggest:

"Oh, er, I've actually taken an interest in theater. Well, high culture, really. That stuff earlier was... um... Shakespeare!"

----------------

Melvin says: "It was a time of men and, or in your case Gary, boys." This should be: "It was a time of men, or, in your case Gary, boys."

----------------

"You will never have my treasure! shrieks Lord Stafford." <-- The second quotation mark is misplaced. Should be: "You will never have my treasure!" shrieks Lord Stafford.

----------------

The text: "Hush now while I will consult my tome." has an extra word in it. Should be "Hush now while I consult my tome."

----------------

In the "Against the roaches" adventure, the word "Shieldhavens" appears. It needs an apostrophe.

----------------

In the Dome of Heads battle, Gary says: "Behold it's nightmarish visage!" Should be "its" (no apostrophe.)

7. Sven Viking

Sven Viking Kobold

Typo on The Wizard's Workshop 3 Aftermath:
    "The fight destroy the kitchens and much of its contents."

Should be "destroys".

8. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

Flavor text on Cowardly: "it might not Kill me."

9. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

There's no module code for The Wizard's Workshop module cover... WIZW, in logs. I don't know if any others are like that, nor if it's intended, but I figured I'd point it out.

Garnet Demon Portal too.

10. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

White Skull Canyon module description: "end their depredations for once and for all".

If someone wants to tell me that this is an accepted medieval style formulations, I'll accept that, but it would read better "end their depredations once and for all"

11. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

GOBW-Spider Webs ... Except it says "Spider webs" in the battle title in game window.

12. elneil79

elneil79 Kobold

The loading screen hint about the black trait cards being replaced when played - there is a grammatical error in there. I think it was a superfluous "s" but the hint disappeared before I got a chance to note it down.

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yes, "If a black drawback cards is a Trait . . . "

14. Average Joe

Average Joe Kobold

This probably happened during some tuning before I entered the beta, but:

On the main map, the Lair of the Trog Wizard adventure shows as Level 3, but on the cover of the module it says it's Level 1 - 2.

15. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

WOOD-Delaying Action, two of the Armored Skeletons have the same name (Kankus). I doubt it's a huge issue, since the name is unlikely to be the character's primary key, but it seems odd.

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You get repeat names a lot, especially when facing larger hordes. It would still be good if more could be added.

17. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

Was just coming back to say it must not be an issue, since I most recently fought four Crundyups in BTFE-Frozen Grotto.

18. In the module "Defense of Woodhome" at the start of battle 2 "Woodhome Chapel" he states the following:

Fair lady - though hath lost an ornament whose beauty is matched only by thine own." It should be "thou", not "though".

[​IMG]

19. "Defense of Woodhome" module, start of battle 03 "Delaying Action"

[​IMG]

It should be "thou" not "though".

20. dapperdanman

dapperdanman Kobold

On the card "Spark Inductor" the text at the bottom falls behind the bottom left corner rectangle.

Spark Inductor

This is how it rendered on my screen (at 1650x1050 resolution)

spark_inductor.png