[DISCUSSION] Equipment and Gear Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Megadestructo, May 30, 2013.

1. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hey guys,

There are a lot of separate threads that repeat the same thing over and over regarding gear organization (nobody's using the search function apparently) so let's move it here and keep it in one spot since it comes up so often.

skip_intro and Pengw1n like this.
  2. Drew Nelson

Drew Nelson Mushroom Warrior

I just thought of another use-case for this that I think a lot of people would use: replaying the campaign. Since the vast majority of advancement in this game comes from expanding your collection rather than traditional leveling, I would love it if I could 'start over' and do a playthrough just using the loot I got from that playthrough using new characters. This would be relatively easy if there were separate boxen to keep my loot organized in. As it stands, that's pretty darn hard as I have hundreds of pieces of equipment.

MadHab likes this.
  3. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

Things I would like to see added for gear organization:
    • Additional filters beyond the item type filter, e.g. having the option to only show rare items
    • For when you are already in an adventure or quest, I'd like a "Show only Card Hunter Certified gear" filter

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That would be greatly appreciated, Tobold. For the "only show rare items" option, I had a suggestion for the mechanism. We already have "sort by" buttons, so:
    For the "Show only Card Hunter Certified gear" filter, are you interested in finding "drawback-only" gear for a quest? A lot of folks agree with you all-heartedly. However, are you instead interested in things like power token limits? That could be more difficult to code, if you think about the mechanics in deckbuilding.

Drew Nelson: yes, I likewise would appreciate labels or folders or multiple inventories or, well, some further options like that. Here are a bunch of suggestions.

Lastly:
    Did you create this thread to address the "single-player versus multiplayer gear" confusion? Well, I've now typed those words into this post, so maybe somebody who DOES use search will find it . . .

5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Kinda sorta. I saw one, tried to find a relevant post to merge it with and then found a bunch more, many of which had 0 follow-up posts. Hence, this.

6. Sayeth Aether

Sayeth Aether Mushroom Warrior

I would REALLY appreciate a button that would display only items that said class/race hero CAN wear. For example, having elven warrior, this button would hide all divine armor/weapons, staffs and other things that this hero simply cannot equip and only take place.
    Another thing, whenever I get an item that is only good for selling, I have to scroll through the hundred or so items I got to find it. Button that would allow me to display only this type of things will also make my life easier. (apparently, this button is already in place but I missed it)

7. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

If you're talking about Treasures, you can filter for those. There's a drop-down menu in the bar above your collection, that lets you filter by any item type, including the only-meant-for-selling "Treasure" type. (Note that if you don't *have* any treasures, that option won't show up in the filter list.) In other words, the button you're asking for already exists! :)

8. Sayeth Aether

Oh, I have been looking for that button but was unable to find it! In any case, thank you although the first suggestion remains

9. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

Another thing you might not be aware of: if you click on any item slot on a character sheet, it will filter both the store and your personal inventory to show only items that can go in that slot. It's not *exactly* what you're asking for, but it gets you most of the way there, I think!

Harandir and Zoorland like this.
  10. Sayeth Aether

I know about this already Dorian yet it is not "exactly" what I am looking for here

11. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

When I move a character out of my party, I'd like to to auto-unequip all items and put them back in my main inventory so they're there for characters in the new party. However it might be inconvenient sometimes, so it would need to be a toggleable option (or simply just a button that performs that action)

Bonus points if the game remembers the gear that character was using and will re-equip it when they are added back into the party (Assuming it is all available)

I also 100% support some kind of label system, or some kind of keyword-search (Like say I'm fighting against Trogs with Crude Armor, I want to filter out everything that doesn't have a card with the "Penetrating" keyword)

Cuthawolf and Jim like this.
  12. Sir Knight

Oh, that's different than the sort of labeling under discussion, and you already can do it. Just use that search field next to the filter buttons: type "Penetrating" and you're good to go.

skip_intro likes this.
  13. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Orc Soldier

I would definitely like to see more filters in addition to sorts. This isn't a problem starting out, when you don't have many items and frankly, you can't really afford to get rid of any. However, as playing time increases, you get many more items in your inventory, causing a lot of clutter when using sort. This is compounded since the sort function doesn't differentiate where one value ends and the next begins. Finally, on a personal note, since the sell value of items is so low, I tend not to even bother selling stuff (in addition to the novelty of collection).

For a specific example, there are often instances where I'm looking for items with specific power tokens (often none). It would be nice to be able to filter by number of tokens. Even better, a less-than/greater-than filter would be awesome, though that may be too much work.

This isn't to say that sorting doesn't have utility. Sort is great when I'm open to shuffling around stuff (usually tokens), or browsing for additional options, or just generally musing on strategy.

[EDIT] Removed redundant info.

14. Adilor

Adilor Kobold

I'll chip in and say that I too would like a button that shows all equipment a character can equip or buy. Would be extremely handy for when I'm looking at a character as a whole (namely my wizard, seems like a revamp is needed after every scenario) and not just changing up a specific slot.

15. Lauris

Lauris Kobold

Hi. This might be a silly question, but why can't we just have one party? You have your single player party, which you can play with multiplayer with similar level opponents.

16. Sir Knight

You can! Except for the "similar level" part. Yeah, I know, I know. But they want to enforce uniformity in multiplayer level for all sorts of balance reasons. And hey, if you go in there with your single-player party (plus the free starter pack items), you'll likely fight other new players with the same general inventory and experience.

skip_intro likes this.
  17. Sayeth Aether

And what is even more fun is that each oponent has different preferrable items and set up! Someone got in singleplayer a lot of smoke/hazard/barriers stuff while others are relying heavily on buffing paladins and someone else will make himself an immovable barrier with loads of armor. Each MP match is a different challenge and each one will put your deck and planning to the test!

18. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

Search feature is pretty awesome. It not only searches by card name, but it can also find specific cards or text within cards. It makes it really easy to find, for example, all items that contain the card "Chop". Visibility of the feature is lacking though. No mention of it in loading tips or tutorial. Perhaps adding place holder text in the search box with "Search or filter here" might help.

Sorting by talent needs a toggle to reverse sort (maybe all the sort buttons?). My equipment process follows something like this. I equip all my "must haves" first. Then I go through and equip "filler" slots. Those filler slots are usually items that require no Power Tokens so I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to look for a suitable item after a sort.

19. wingchild

wingchild Kobold

+1; this is the function I find myself looking for at the end of a multifight dungeon. I want to be able to do fast comparisons and kit out without seeing an excess of gear irrelevant to the character page I'm looking at.

Currently I can sort by item type with the dropdown menu, but it's slow going and requires clicking through most everything to keep things reasonably sorted. A "new" option might help here (to see gear that dropped from the last dungeon you were in?), but I'd really like to lock the view down to items equippable by my current character page's race/class and then use filter buttons (for levels, orbs, etc) to further clarify my options.

edit; clicking by item might be an even more efficient sorting method.

20. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

You can also click on the item or item space you're looking to equip. This will switch the inventory to only display that specific type of item. I find this much faster than the dropdown list. At that point you can use the filter options in the inventory view (filter by power/rarity/etc...) to display them in an order you prefer.

Once your collection get's larger it would be prohibitive to see everything for a class. Heck at this point, most any single item type I select has multiple pages.