Beta 2.19 (June 5 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is mainly a bug-fixing build, focussed on gameplay / card bugs. There will be some balance changes to your decks so check these carefully!

Cones now work in a clearer way - you can preview the direction you wish to fire the cone in and you can cancel up to the point you pick a direction.

Trait cards now bounce up and down in your hand until you play them making it much clearer that you have to do that before proceeding.

Finally, there's a big new help page which you can check out here! It's also linked to from the help button in-game which used to just show a blank page. Let us know if you think we should add to this in any way!

Oh, and we've also changed some back-end stuff at our Amazon host that might help fix any problems with dropped connections. Let us know in this thread if you see that happening any more. Or report any new problems too, of course!

Cards
    • Move target backwards doesn't pre-calculate move destination (fixes interaction between Crude Plates and Force Bolt).
    • Renamed Guardian Angel to Lifesaving Block.
    • Fixed Enchanted Harness armor value.
    • Halt function of Hit the Deck doesn't roll a die when triggering.
    • Penetrating buffs aren't overwritten by other damage buffs (fixes Frenzy Aura not stacking properly with other damage buffs).
    • Draining Touch type cards only heal based on damage inflicted (maxes out when killing).
    • Talented Healer looks for the HealComponent so it only triggers from explicit Heal cards, not draining touch, etc.
    • Clarified Talented Healer rules.
    • Non-stop terrain attachments (Lava) override the entry cost of squares.
    • Cleansing Burst no longer affects characters.
    • Jump Back, Dodge, etc now use a new when-played trigger. Fixes Jump Back sometimes not cancelling an attack that targets the moving figure.
    • Jump Back card specifies that attacker must be in front of jumper.
    • Discard pile won't accept duplicate discards (fixes arrogant armor causing copies of cards to end up in discards).
    • AttachToActorsCommand doesn't lose track of which actors have been attached to when processing triggers (fixes Arrogant Armor not triggering with multiple action targets).
    • Added missing Heal keyword to Healing Burst.
    • Reworked RandomMoveCommand into existing ResolveMoveActionCommand (fixes Maze not triggering move triggers like Path of Knives).
    Battle UI
    • Bounce Trait cards when you must play them.
    • Cone facing is now determined as part of the initial action target choice.
    • Cones can now be cancelled while choosing the facing.
    • Cones show preview of area of effect when mousing over facing choice.
    • Actors caught in area effects are highlighted when choosing target squares or facing.
    • Mousing over a cone card shows all possible affected squares.
    • Bounce instigator when choosing target actors and/or squares.
    • Dead figures don't have health counters
    • Dead figure mouse over shows them as dead.
    Deck builder
    • Fix "talent" reference on character sheet.
    • Renamed talent sort.
    Adventures
    • Fix adventure reward description for tutorial adventures and completed treasure hunts.
    • Changed number of of zombies in Woodhome Gates to two groups of three;
    • Changed name of Woodhome Walls to "Delaying Action";
    Boards
    • Fixed death markers on Graveyard and Mausoleum boards.
    • fixed terrain in Mother lode board
    Card Art
    • modified violent overswing card art to depict bashing weapon
    • fixed illusion wall tile (was a bit too big)
    AI
    • AI understands how to play new cone card implementation (choose facing). Should fix some stupid AI cone usage.
    Story
    • Fixed a whole lot of story bugs.
    Tutorial/Hints
    • Added individual scenario lose hints to Woodhome Gates, Chapel and Walls;
    • Changed Talents to power tokens in hints
    Items
    • fixed item art for crown of mad eskin
    • Fixed typo on Gold Idol art
    Accounts
    • Tried to clarify that pending registrations only remain valid for one hour.
    Module Covers
    • fixed compass of xorr module cover typo
    • Fixed battle count on Citrine demon portal cover
    • Fixed battle count on Batford's manor cover
    Multiplayer
    • Turn off the enter and exit lobby room messages.
    Help
    • Ripped out the old help system and replaced with link to help web page.
    Monsters
    • Removed unimplemented Fiery Fists from burning skeleton deck.
    Misc Art
    • Tweaked shadow on landing page Soda can
    Audio
    • added preload to XP increase sound
    Internal Stuff
    • Board display warns when it can't find a death marker.
    • Damage modifier broken out as modification only in the internal action. Preliminary work for further refactoring of damage modification system.
    • Separate out battle logs into separate files per-battle.
    • Add subsecond timestamps to battle logs

Zalminen likes this.
  2. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

While this is a good change, this means that lifesteal priests don't have any relevant divine skill traits now. Any chance of them getting one, or at least some divine skills with lifesteal-friendly cards on them?

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh, that solves a problem I hadn't even put into words. Yes, there was sometimes a funny delay or other such problems with the XP sound.

(Which reminds me that I still can't hear the new "dice roll penalty" sound. Every other sound in the game, like the XP one, seems to be crisper and louder.)

4. Jon

Good point. You can still Frenzy them up with another priest though, right?

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Acid terraining cards contain the keyword Stop but the lava terraining cards don't.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Trait cards attaches to the characters in a disorderly fashion. It grabs the last position of the card and attaches to the character.

[​IMG]

7. Jon

Correct, so now Acid terrain should make you Stop when you enter, regardless of the underlying terrain. Conversely, you should not need to Stop when entering Lava terrain.

8. Jon

Urgh, adding to to-do for next build.

9. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

Yeah, but not having a trait for one of the class's builds just feels...wrong.

I've been thinking something that adds a "leeching" effect to lifesteal attacks would be mechanically and thematically appropriate. Something like:

Trait. Whenever you play a lifesteal attack target and enemies adjacent to the target take 1 psychic damage. For each point of damage this deals, Heal 1

This damage wouldn't be modifiable by buffs, so it would provide a small amount of guaranteed damage and healing whenever a lifesteal attack is used, even if it's fully mitigated by armor.

10. grinningsphinx

grinningsphinx Mushroom Warrior

And also, that only works for builds containing two priests. When more classes are added that will only compound the problem. It would be nice to see some priest skill cards supporting lifesteals.

11. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

Non-stop terrain attachments (Lava) override the entry cost of squares.

If I play a lava on stop terrain, this square become lava non stop terrain ?

Friendly,
    Platouf.

12. grinningsphinx

When ive put down an acid spray, then cast hot spot on one of the acid squares, yes...totally becomes a non-stop lava square.

13. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

thanks for you answer, but i want to know, i cast hot spot on a natural stop terrain, become it non stop lava terrain?

Friendly,
    Platouf.

14. grinningsphinx

really guy??? reallly?

15. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

?

@Platouf: Yes.

16. grinningsphinx

You know, you could just try it and see what happens. Its not like that is a difficult scenario to engineer.

17. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I tried it and have the same result, but for me it was a bug, but if it is the will of dev.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

18. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

The new help page is great, definitely something that I would appreciate having when learning the game! I'm sure it's not finished yet but I have some suggestions that I think might improve it:
    1. A note about cancelling cards, specifically that Move cards cannot be cancelled.
    2. Mentioning the importance of facing when describing Block cards.
    3. An entry in the glossary for Traits. It looks like this might have been intended but forgotten.
    There are also some typos, which I know is a very minor thing, but I'll make a list of them and put them in a post in the hope it will save you some time later.

Edit: Oops, just found the appropriate thread for my feedback so I'll post it over there instead. Sorry!

19. Jon

It's intentional, yes. Hot spot on difficult terrain now turns that terrain into non-stop terrain.

20. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Great job! that cone stuff will really help out