Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

In Gladiatorial Arena, Finals, Melvin introduces this as part of "CardStock I," but the module pages (both here and in Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers) don't use a Roman numeral. The Aftermath screen for the last battle of the finals, and the intro for the first battle in the qualifiers, and probably other places as well, all call it "CardStock 1."

2. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

not sure 'cause i'm french but in prison warden chapter 4 i think it's :
    No one has escape the prison iN and not iS

3. Brian

Brian Kobold

In the Dome of Heads 3rd Battle of the level 12 Temple of Scales treasure hunt. Gary is reading the adventure text "A mighty hydra stands berfore . . .".

4. mockware

mockware Kobold

In Citrine Demon Portal - 4 Aftermath - "Who are what are causing the?" I assume you want or and is.

5. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

Temple of Scales 4, "[...], will spread jungle plague throughout the cities towns of Cardhuntria."

Most likely missing an "and"

6. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

I'm not sure if this is actually a text bug or just a point of lore, but in the Jewel of Alet Zhav, the enemies are 4 burning skeletons, but Gary calls them demons. Is this a thing? Are the skeletons demons? I thought they were just undead that were on fire.

There is a mention of diabolic sigils in one of the other flavour texts, and Gary's talking about demons whispering in the next one, so maybe it is intended, and I'm just confused.

7. Brian

Brian Kobold

The Wizards Workshop Aftermath of Battle 3. "The fight will destroy the kitchen . . ." since the fight has already happened, shouldn't this be in the past tense. ie "The fight has destroyed the kitchen . . ."

8. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

High Mountain Pass 1, Melvin's comment says "It's a pity you spent all your money on pizza isn't Gary?"
    I think there's an "it" missing there, and maybe a comma or two depending on how Melvin's emphasis is intended.

Also, at the end of the scenario description "They are also very clumsy, you can use this to their advantage."

I think, given these are the GMs notes, that "You" here should be "adventurers"?

9. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

During Highway Robbery encounter 2, Melvin refused to get out of the way of the monster information for the entire encounter. Although I wonder if he was standing in the way on purpose, he does seem a little mean to Gary sometimes. http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5702/downinfront.png

Also I'm not sure if this is the correct place to report this.

10. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

OK this is fixed. Thanks for spotting. I asked Melvin about this and he assured me it was an error on my behalf.

11. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for picking this up. We've had two versions of these scenarios notes, the first as notes for the GM, the second as narrative spoken to you the player, hence the occasional confusion. Thank you!

12. Card Hunter Joe

Thank you! Fixed!

13. Card Hunter Joe

I think Gary was reading from the wrong adventure. Wait till Melvin finds out!

14. Card Hunter Joe

Chastened and fixed!! Thanks!

15. Card Hunter Joe

Fixed! Thanks!

16. Card Hunter Joe

*Weeps a little* Fixed! Thanks for spotting!

17. Card Hunter Joe

Got it. Thank you.

18. Card Hunter Joe

OK got it. Sorry about this. Fixed for the next build.

19. Card Hunter Joe

Sorted! Thank you.

20. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for picking up.