Legendary find!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh, only one talent? Don't be disappointed! I've struggled for some time to find weapons like that, because they are very useful when juggling talent expenditures. Don't forget that you will always (at least for the beta) need low-talent items to keep you within in your "talent budget."

2. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Indeed, low or no talent items are just as necessary as those high talent cost items.

3. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

I do indeed appreciate one-talent weapons for juggling. But in this case I got something way better way before I got this legendary mace.

Three Able Bludgeons are okay, but I'm not a fan of bashes on Warriors and I have another 1 talent weapon with three strong attacks and three things better than Lunging Bash in the form of Silver Rapier and Piercing Pick (Hell, even Heirloom Assegai is better in my opinion).

Don't worry, it's not like I'm going to sell it. I see no reason to sell anything unless it's a treasure item or I have multiples of it.

4. The_Mormegil

The_Mormegil Mushroom Warrior

Heirloom Assegai is pretty strong for a no-talent item, but Lunging Bash is stronger than you give it credit for IMO. You can juggle people pretty easily with it, since it allows to reposition right before the bash.

5. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

I just generally don't use bashes on warriors. They're nice to have on the other two for defense, but situations in which I'd want to push someone away from my warrior are so rare that there's no justification to waste an equipment slot on a weapon with bashes.

6. Sir Knight

Ah, yes, I've found it very handy when my Wizard gets a defensive Bash or two.

Though on that topic, I'm trying a "Bash-and-Stab" party at the moment, with two Warriors plus a terrain-modifier Wizard. The idea is to do to the enemies what the Troglodytes do to new players, only moreso. It's coming out well, and I think I might bring it into multiplayer sometime (in the far, far future once I've collected more items I need).

7. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

Just picked up Ichabod's Buckler off the cardhunter club cushion out of the Sinister Wood. It'll be nice to have access to such a reliable shield, but I'm not entirely sure that I like it more than my Heavy Dueler's Shield. I'll try it out and see whether blocking ranged makes up for the lost cards.

8. Sylv

Sylv Kobold

9. Sir Knight

. . . Right, right, remember that "a tongue sticking out" means "I'm joking."

Nice find!

10. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

11. Sayeth Aether

Sayeth Aether Mushroom Warrior

12. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Use the {item} tag pair, you get it by clicking the "Green Orb" on the Posting Screen. You can also use the {Card} or {wiki} tags too, which are on either side of the Orb.

Gold Thread Toupee

13. Sayeth Aether

Sayeth Aether Mushroom Warrior

Well, this is what happens with my post if I try that:

So I just got my first win of the day in MP and got a LEGENDARY item... yeah... (cannot figure out how to post it as a link to wiki)

14. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

Usually, just writing out the name (without errors of course) and surrounding it with the item tag should be enough.
    It works on any item, just with the normal name: Gold Thread Toupee Acrobat's Blade Hand Of Melvelous

You do not need to copy the URL, just the item's name is enough.

15. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

If you click on reply to a post you'll see the structure

16. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

No talent legendary items are really nice. One of my first finds was a nice pair of no talent boots that I love.

Garalem's Boots

So as I understand it, an adventure gives loot based on it's level. I noticed I mainly have low level legendary items (nothing over 10). I think it's partly luck, since I have beaten the campaign. But also because quests seem a lot harder on the higher levels.

17. Gentley

Gentley Kobold

18. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

20. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

As odd as it sounds, the first legendary item my elves found was a tongue. I've often wanted to be tounged to death by elves.