It's so fun when...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Rorre, May 21, 2013.

1. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

You find yourself holding 2 Hot Spots and a Telekinesis, and the enemy only has 2 cards left...

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Did this seem meaningful in anyway?

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Grumpy demon is grumpy!

4. Rorre

Rorre Orc Soldier

Lol. Ok, Wozarg, I'll spell it out. I've been experimenting with different playstyles, and I've been really pleasantly surprised with the triple wizard party. You've got so much control. The moment that really captured it for me was when I already had a lava square down, and got to play a hot spot knowing that if the trogg moved off that square, I could use telekinesis to push him onto the other one. A "checkmate in 2 moves" scenario that really made me smile.

What I was hoping for was more ideas for really fun strategies that I might not have thought to try. There's a lot of discussion about what is strong, but it's just as important (and in some ways more so) that there are fun strategies.

5. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

One of my moments of sheer fun was in High Mountain Pass when an ogre with Mindless Battlerage attached was surrounded by goblins and I realized I could trigger a nice little chain reaction by killing just one of the foes...

I was practically giggling by myself as I watched the goblins get flattened by the raging ogre :D

Megadestructo and Rorre like this.
  6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh, if you're going for that, then let me just repeat this old one: using "beneficial" cards on enemies. Minor Heal to trigger enemy Blocks, especially Jarring Block. Healing Presence is particularly fun when that enemy has no allies left. And of course a Jarring Block at the wrong time can outright kill a weak foe.

Or there's always Misguided Heal to have the same effect.

Megadestructo likes this.