What we haven't done yet

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Jon, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Exactly! Ah, I'm so glad we see eye-to-eye on how to interact with other human beings.

2. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

"What we have here is failure to communicate."

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Hey no blocking me...

4. Sir Knight

Is Parry okay?

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Yes parry is fine... Firestorm dwarf team says more parry for the people!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

So... I was reading Terms of Services agreedment and saw this:

(IV) A CLAIM THAT THE "VALUE" OF ANY VIRTUAL GOODS HAS INCREASED OR DECREASED BY VIRTUE OF ANY GAME MODIFICATION THAT BLUE MANCHU HAS MADE OR WILL MAKE.

I know this more likely a protecction to you guys, but it give me a idea, what about a trade place? should be nice buy stuff from players instead to wait the shop get it (or sell it to a player if the owner don't want it)

Governing Law and Venue:
    If there is any dispute about or involving the Game, You agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of Australia
    Y
    ou also agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the courts of New South Wales

Smart move smart move....;)

zz_tophat likes this.
  7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Trading is... very complicated. Both to ensure security for both parties and to manage the effects on economy. It won't be coming any time soon but I can understand it's something that people would really want if the game takes off.

8. Jon

Also, congrats on reading the ToS!

ParodyKnaveBob, grolibus and Wounder like this.
  9. Jon

We have a big overhaul of the chat system planned at some stage.

10. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

Personally, I think I'd like it best if trading never came to Card Hunter.

I've played a lot of MMOs and online games, and Diablo 3 in particular showed me just how weary I've become of all the problems that come along with trading: Bots driving down the value of everything, rare items having to be absurdly, unattainably rare in order to have any actual value (leading to the way to get rare items being farming gold to buy them), exploits ruining the game economy for legitimate players, hackers constantly attempting to steal accounts in order to sell their contents, 3rd-party sites undercutting official prices with their illicitly obtained goods, etc etc...

It just goes on and on. Look at Diablo 3 - gold currently costs $0.34 per 10 million. A decent player can (apparently) farm about 100k gold an hour. That means that 1 cent is worth about 3 hours of farming (and that's at the official prices - you can get gold even cheaper through 3rd party sites). And if Blizzard, the ridiculously huge company running the most popular MMO of all time, can't even solve these problems in their games, I see little hope of such a small team solving these (possibly unsolvable) problems.

Not to mention, CH is a free-to-play game, so all of these problems are way worse - anyone can just create a hundred accounts for free and bot away. TF2 had this problem and tried to solve it by requiring a purchase for trading, but that just led to people making the minimum possible purchase on dozens of accounts and idling. This means that legitimate players with only a single account are at a massive disadvantage, since they're only getting a fraction of the items that the multi-account people are.

It's just...it sucks the fun out these games, and CH is a lot of fun - I'd really like it to stay that way.

EDIT: Further discussion on trading is going on in this thread.

11. Sir Knight

Well . . . well . . . dagnabbit, how am I going to trade for my Legendary Treasure collection??

12. Icebird

Icebird Kobold

It's a pity but I'm against trade too.

Benefits of trade:
    -Trading away equipment you don't use or have multiple copies of.
    -Getting specific pieces you need for your build.
    -Complete collection of items.
    -Brag about your legendaries by showing them.

Disadvantages of trade:
    -Incite farming.
    -Incite gold-sellers.
    -Incite powerlevelling.
    -Encourage cookie-cutter builds.

For me, the disadvantages far surpass the benefits...
    Beside, you can already have a small part of the benefits with the markets. The only prob I have is the price of the rare items is insannely high while your items sell for almost nothing...
    Come on! I need to sell 5 legendary items to buy a single Epic?? That, my good sir, is wrong. very very wrong.

ParodyKnaveBob and Zoorland like this.
  13. Runan

Runan Mushroom Warrior

Wow, long time since I heard that song :) (puts it on in the background)

I agree on not putting trading into the game.
    The common-uncommon items seem kinda cheap on the market, rares are ok I think, and dunno about the epic/legendary. Those cards are so extremely strong, so I don't mind they are extremely hard to get as they have so a large impact on MP..

Zoorland likes this.
  14. JMTalen

JMTalen Kobold

Is it just me or is the Help section in the Menu still missing?

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

They're working on it as we speak according to dev posts elsewhere. So might not be ready for a few builds.

16. Jon

It's done in the latest build. Check here!

17. This is a very fun game. I have really enjoyed the beta, and look forward to a co-op version. Keep up the great work!!!!!

18. Sir Knight

Wo,* I didn't realize how out-of-date the first post is.

In general, a bunch of sticky threads need updating. Is there anyone on that?

* The term "Wo" is a registered trademark of Blue Manchu Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.

19. Brekka

Brekka Kobold

I'm assuming some of this is already planned but just incase heres my bullet list (more to come I'm sure) after getting my hands on this baby finally after 3 days
    1.More classes (archer and stealthy would be a nice start)
    2.Bigger party sizes which would probably mean rebalancing the questing
    3.Special circumstances and rule sets for different maps (like I said only just started playing so it may be there all I've seen so far is holding a point)

20. Sir Knight

The Rogue is coming. Woo! But by golly they'd better not ruin the game by adding a hundred others. There are only so many combinations of item slots that would add anything to the game, and including too many more item types would make loot harder and harder to use.

A bigger party . . . would scuttle the dynamics. Getting three adventurers to work as well as they do was hard enough. It's not just rebalancing the adventures: think about your one-at-a-time control of your adventurers when facing enemies like a minion mob. It changes how long you must take (and how many turns must pass) before you can, e.g., save someone's life. With a little work, I'm sure someone could dig up the devs commentary on this: I believe they were concerned also about the MASSIVE deckbuilding chore this would demand of the player (and poor visibility of the cards thereafter).

There are SOME different play circumstances in the game. I REALLY hope they add more. There's so much they could do.