Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Intro to 4th adventure in garnet demon portal:

"It is defended by seven lesser demons...."

should be six, yh i know...more sleepless nights ;)

2. duckroll

duckroll Kobold

Yeah I just got this too. Here a screencap of the bug: http://i.imgur.com/EQRGowL.jpg

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Citrine Demon Portal has 4 adventures rather than the 3 stated on the cover.

Return to the Astral Shrine has the same problem with the Guardians having [Null] in their names when you mouse over them.

Attack of the War Monkeys:
    The module cover says, "The hour is apon us...". Should be "upon".
    The introductory text for the first battle says, "... you set out to sample it's wares." Should be "its". Also missing a full stop between "horses" and "Wicked".
    The aftermath text for the first battle is missing the "of" between "plight" and "Cardhuntria".

Temple of Terror:
    First battle introduction says, "Within it's depths...". Should be "its".

Lair of the Yellow Dragon:
    First battle introduction says "Cardhuntrias" instead of "Cardhuntria's".
    Third battle introduction says "dragons" rather than "dragon's", or possibly "dragons'".

4. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Ruby Demon Portal
    Intro - "From the yawning [...] -shapen demons pours forth"
    Aftermath Battle 3 - The Air is rank [...] A single knot of demons [is] now between [...]"

Rescue From Shieldhaven Prison
    Aftermath Battle 4 - "Monsters slain [...]! 11111111111"

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Quick check: does the part of the text you shortened say anything like "a horde of"? Because "horde" is singular, and thus grammatically okay.

6. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I don't remember, I'll check tomorrow.

7. Bane

Bane Mushroom Warrior

On round 3 of the lvl 8 optional dungeon (where you go through a fortress to determine the cause of earthquakes), The Geomancers on that level have hover-over text of Apprentice [null] Geomancer and Novice [null] Geomancer.

http://imgur.com/o464zHy

EDIT: Also in the adventure gamebook section of Order of the Core it states it has 'X exciting battles' which I took to mean 10. It only has 3.

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Intro to 2nd adv of the vicious tombs: "You come across of a nest of Yellow..."

"You come across a nest of Yellow..."

Intro to 1st adv in Goblins in the Woods: Rangers will lead you to a goblin outpost discovered deep within the forest.

Rangers lead you to a goblin outpost deep within the forest.

The outpost is heavily defended Goblin Grunts...

heavily defended by Goblin Grunts...

The entire para feels kinda weird...I think this is one of those modules where the text is somewhat still placeholder.

Outro 2nd adv of Goblins in the Woods

Karen's prompt is in the middle of the screen obscuring the module cover text behind.

Intro text to Pools of Slime: Coffins of Slime

"The are also Yellow Puddings..."

There are also ?

9. Sir Knight

The Compass of Xorr is supposed to lead us to Lord Stafford's Treasure, but the aftermath for the very last battle in Lord Stafford's Treasure speaks of us finding the Compass of Xorr there.

Also, back in The Compass of Xorr, the module cover calls the place "Summerhall" when the first battle's text says something else (I've forgotten and it's currently on cool-down for me). Given that Lord Stafford's Treasure is in his "summer mansion," I think you meant the latter place to be called "Summerhall" instead.

10. Bane

Bane Mushroom Warrior

In the adventure that Gary makes 'Against the Cockroaches' it states a recommended level of 12, but the game itself says level 10.

11. Tseb

Tseb Kobold

Citrine Temple Entrance
    Gary Text: "Mom says she wants us to get to know me better...." Shouldn't either "Us" not be int the sentence or "me" be "each other"?
    Tomb of Alet Zhav
    on the 4th pre-battle screen the briefing says "Tomb of Alet Chav" while the text below the title and the rest of the module refer to Alet Zhav
    Throne of Strench Or Beneath The Frozen Earth (my notes on this typo are a little skimpy)
    Gary Text during the 3rd battle: "...Or just a savage force of nature? Or they evil or are they just chaotic neutral?" I believe the "Or should be "are"

12. Kryron

Kryron Kobold

For the module description in The Jewel of Alet Zhav, the first sentence in the description says "Benerath" instead of "Beneath". The first battle aftermath, flames have been distinguished.

13. Heatwizard

Heatwizard Kobold

Dungeon of the Lizard Priest, 1st aftermath page: "Only creatures as low as Lizardmen would use poison. These foe lack honor!"

2nd aftermath: "After scraping the remains of the black ooze from their weapons, you look around..." Perspective change. Might have been intentional, I guess? But this is the only instance of referring to the player's team as 'they' instead of 'you' I've noticed.

14. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Noted and (mostly) fixed.

SirKnight, regarding this comment: "The Compass of Xorr is supposed to lead us to Lord Stafford's Treasure, but the aftermath for the very last battle in Lord Stafford's Treasure speaks of us finding the Compass of Xorr ", Lord Stafford's Treasure is meant as a continuation from the Compass of Xorr. Lord's Stafford's treasure is the Compass of Xorr itself. We probably need to make this clearer.

15. Sir Knight

Not at the moment! Look at the module cover for The Compass of Xorr. (Edit: And the module cover for Lord Stafford's Treasure, too.) If you intend for it to be otherwise, well, then that's not so much "clarification" as "correction."

16. TofuPotato

TofuPotato Kobold

Attack of the War Monkeys: Karen says "wo" instead of "wow" I presume.

17. frolic

frolic Kobold

In Highway Robbery, after killing the Giant Goblin, Melvin says "Anymore of this tripe and you'll be tempted to eat that Belladona you've been lugging around with you [name]." when it should be "Anymore of this tripe and you'll be tempted to eat that *belladonna you've been lugging around with *you, [name]."

18. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Slub Guts Sanctum [sic]. I've not been keeping track of if you're putting apostrophes in module titles, but it should correctly be called Slub'Gut's Sanctum on the module cover title. In the aftermath of battle 1 Slub'Gut is referred to as Slub Gut.

19. Card Hunter Joe

These typos are tempting me to eat the belladonna I have been lugging round with me.

20. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for picking them up!