Pizza, chests, and starters

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dorque, May 1, 2013.

1. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

WHAT?!? You can take starters' equipment out of MP? For 30 pizza I get 4 random commons and 1 random rare in a chest. For 50 pizza I get 6 rares, 12 uncommons, 9 commons, and I get to pick what I want. Make starter equipment stuck to the starter characters for monkey's sake.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Or random items are better than the same items over and over?

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, it means those items are relatively cheap to acquire, but you can never get any variety that way. We thought about limiting them to MP but it would have meant a whole new system for managing which items you can use where.

4. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

I know we lost the "those items shouldn't be part of single player" argument a long, long time ago, but this does bring up a more tenable platform:

Starter packs are much too cheap. For the sheer quantity of items you get alone they could easily run for 150 Pizza - three times their current price. Possibly more, depending on how you value things.

I agree, after purchasing it once that specific starter pack loses most of its appeal to the player, but a cheaper price isn't going to encourage multiple purchases of the same pack. There are five packs to be bought; once they're owned that becomes a dead income source. 150 is still a more than reasonable price and better takes into account what you're actually getting.

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, you could well be right. The reason we made them so cheap is because we REALLY want to encourage people to try out multiplayer. However, since we now give you one for free, we could probably increase the prices on the others.

6. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

I really don't think Multiplayer is the mode you'll have to encourage people to play. ;)

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Since you don't get to pick what pack you get for free any more i still think the low price for encouraging people to try out pvp with a low into level is fair and the fact that 50 pizza per pack is still not a good deal over and over again since 50 pizza is 250 gold or 1 and a half rare chest.

8. Bjornel

Bjornel Kobold

If I understand it correctly there already was discussion about this, but let me contribute with my opinion. I am not a fan of multi player and I took the free MP starter only because the game guided me there. I was immediately a bit disappointed because there is now some chance that I will finish some difficult encounter in the single player campaign and I will be rewarded with some loot which will be useless only because I already have stronger item effortlessly from multi player starter.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

You get like what 36 mostly mediocre items i wouldn't worry about it at all to be honest.

10. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I'll chip in and say that I initially felt the same way, although the main annoyance was that I suddenly had lots of items that required talents that were cluttering up my inventory.
    My solution? I sold all the items. Result: loot chests are exciting again. Yay!

11. T045ty33

T045ty33 Kobold

What about just graying out (disabling) multiplayer starter items in single player mode? You could see them but not use them.

I agree with Assussanni, having mulitplayer items really does clutter up the inventory and causes a headache. I'd like to be playing both single player and multiplayer, but all the unusable equipment I need to keep around in either mode makes item management more of a pain.

12. Bjornel

Bjornel Kobold

It is a good solution for sure, I am just ... it is hard to admit ... so greedy that I am having some kind of problem with selling those items. They are like .... MY PRECIOUS you know :). But no .. really .. I am going to sell them right now, It really is the best solution, and I feel ashamed, that I did not came up with this myself.

Megadestructo likes this.
  13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

After a few weeks of playing if you keep things around for challenges and such you will have literally hundreds of items so if clutter bothers you that much its time to give up on quests.

14. T045ty33

T045ty33 Kobold

Well, if the goal of feedback is to suggest ways to encourage people to play rather than give up, then our feedback is the inventory system might need some work.

DragonMind likes this.
  15. Sully

Sully Kobold

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/mass-selling.1486/#post-17955

See my thread, everyone who commented seemed to like it :)