Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Well hopefully we're helping you to sleep at night rather than giving you nightmares.

Tomb of Tvericus, 1st adventure.
    "necromancer Alet Zhav" on module cover and "Crypts of Alet Chav" on first battle introductory text.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Compass of Xorr module cover

Rumor as it that the Decadent...

decadent ? Is there a need for the capital D ?

1st adv in Compass of Xorr

Gary's prompt "...that will lead to location of..."

to the location ?

3. Corporate Dog

Corporate Dog Kobold

When Gary/Gary's brother's dialog is particularly long, a vertical scroll bar appears on the right hand side of the dialog box.

Unfortunately, I've found that I can't move the scrollbar to display the rest of the text, whether I use arrow keys or the mouse.

4. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Do you remember where you saw this Corporate Dog?

5. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Tree Forts of the Goblin King:
    Gary's introductory text is, "You must search the forest for the goblin fanatic Kazhak and is remaining forces." Should be "his".

6. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Thank you. We may need to fire the writer.

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Please don't i need him to beat me in pvp!

8. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Nah. I blame the army of typists that he must have working for him, undoubtedly working in overdrive trying to get all his great ideas down quickly enough.

Tree Forts of the Goblin King:
    The module cover describes a goblin warchief, Ghogm, but the final battle is against the goblin king Guztuk.
    The module cover also describes battling past giant tree spiders, but I don't think there were any spiders in the three encounters. I'm guessing they were removed at some point.

9. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

You are correct, there were once more spiders in the adventure. Do note though, that our covers are painstakingly authentic to late 70's RPG products, meaning that the illustrations are cleverly only semi-accurate to what is in the module.

10. Corporate Dog

Corporate Dog Kobold

It was at the intro (or perhaps outro?) screen for Part 3 of the Highway Robbery module.

Gary's brother says, "Anymore of this tripe and you'll be tempted to eat that Belladonna you've been lugging around with you Dave"

My full username is "Dave Sanborn", so it looks like it wrapped the text around to a third line, and displayed a scrollbar for it, but as I said, the scrollbar was completely non-responsive.

11. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Dungeon of the lizard priest after second battle melvin says "Cocked dice! that's a cocked die....

Dont he mean dice? :p

12. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

Die is singular.

I cam across one today, but have now forgotten the error. Doh.

13. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

The victory screen of multi player didn't talk about the good items win for number of victory. It display the old items.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

Attached Files:

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

module cover of gladiatorial arena, qualifiers:

"Once per century, the Shieldhaven Gladiatorial Arena Holds a"

holds ?

15. Schlyne

Schlyne Kobold

Arcane Feedback card. At the start of the round. "(unknown actor) feels the painful jolt of Arcane Feedback"
    It also says (unknown actor) in the message log as well.

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

In the intro of the final in Gladiatorial Arena, this sentence sounds a trifle odd.

"...The Blue Manchu team will be present and available to adjudicate these rule disputes."

to adjudicate any rule disputes ?

17. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Shrine of the Astral Guardians: In all the maps the Guardians are called Mist [Null] Guardians, Shadow [Null] Guardians, and Mote [Null] Guardians when you mouse over them. Also, at the top of the screen they are called Guardians of Mist / Shadow / Motes.

Before the third encounter Karen also says, "This guys...". Should be "This guy...".

Finally, in the aftermath text of the third battle I think there's an extra space between "in" and "obscure".

Now that I've picked apart the text in that module can I say that I really enjoyed the writing in it!

The Jewel of Alet Zhav: In the aftermath of battle 1: "the flames of the burning skeletons has been extinguished". Should be "have". The final sentence is also missing a full stop, as is the final sentence in the aftermath of battle 2.

18. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Well I dont know if im doing right posting this here but... She dont letme read! xD

PS: why The Viscous Tomb description is X exciting battles (the number of rooms is missing on purpose?).

Attached Files:

19. megrim

megrim Kobold

I made a quick search and didn't find anything about this.
    Highway Robbery, Combat 4 reads: "Knowing the difference beteen an orc and a goblin is life and death in this business gary."
    It should read "Between an orc and a goblin"

Attached Files:

20. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Mushroom Warrior

I found a problem not being able to scroll a text message:

Link

Attached Files: