Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Technically, the current way is a fine way to start a sentence. "Fallen trees provide signs of strong winds." "Groaning sounds provide signs of zombies." The problem is that such a beginning doesn't fit with the rest of the sentence.

For instance, it could say "Deserted guard posts and fires provide signs of life, encouraging you to explore deeper into the island." Or, with your suggestion, a second change would be needed to make it "The deserted guard posts and fires provide signs of life and encourage you to explore deeper into the island."

And then the last sentence says "you" at one point and "they" at another, which is also a problem.

2. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

After the reset.

Raid on Ommlet
    The battle is called "The Streets of Omlet".

Quest "Caverns of the Trogolodytes"

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Tunnels into Darkness:
    a might Kobold Hero emerges

Highway Robbery:
    Highway Robbery? Oh OK, let me just find it. I'm sure it's here somehwere.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Game claims I get a guaranteed epic item for completing a regular adventure (on quest selection screen): this is not true - at least not in the tutorial, where I just got a rare as my best item. Think this is some old text rather than a bug - or doesnt apply to tutorial if it has set loot drops?

Dorque likes this.
  5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yeah . . . I'd encourage changing it, but I think by now they're keeping the misspelling on purpose. This was from September of last year:

6. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Thanks for picking these out. Dorian recently did a balance pass and this happened after I'd written the initial descriptions, hence the discrepancy. I'll fix them now!

7. Card Hunter Joe

OK guys I've gone through and fixed these. Thank you for all your help.

8. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Playing a Bungled Bolt (1st time, new card).

On screen and on the log:
    "Megrim shoots Gruzzle with a"
    and nothing else.

9. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Melvin wigs out about a "cocked dice", but you never roll more than one die at a time so it should say "cocked die".

Also, according to the storyline, Melvin is the hardcore gamer and Gary is the scrub. Melvin just would not wig about a cocked die on the floor. He would wig if Gary tried to count a die that missed the table at all.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

After 1st adventure in Dungeon of lizard priest:

'Only creatures are low as Lizardmen use poison...'

I believe the intended is '...as low as...' unless there is some other meaning intended. ;)

Aftermath of the 3rd battle in Ruby Demon portal:

"..A single knot of demons now between you...'

...now stand between you...

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

During Ruby Demon Portal Gary talks about BM pizza having a new pizza delivery girl and that he hopes she's quick, but we've already encountered her (can't recall when) in an earlier adventure.

12. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Dungeon of the Lizard Priest
    Battle 1 - Aftermath
    "Only creatures [that] are low as Lizardmen would [...]"
    I think that a that is missing.

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Still sounds off probably should be "Only creatures that] are [as] low as Lizardmen would"

14. Card Hunter Joe

Grr. A zombie bug. Squashed for the next build.

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Remember to aim for the head or it won't stay down!

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

start of 2nd adv in Beneath the Frozen Earth

"...whilst his colleagues engage them in melee."

erm, huh ??

"...whilst his colleagues engage you in melee."

start of 3rd adv in Beneath the Frozen Earth

"...There are five Trog wizards here."

erm, more like 7 to be accurate.

After completing 'Beneath the frozen earth', The Throne of Strench is unlocked and Gary's prompt:

"The Wizard Aloyzo believe he has found the location of the ..."

believes ?

last adv in Throne of Strench

"Strench is guarded by three large Trog Gougers."

Don't see 3, more like two Gougers

17. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Garnet Demon Portal, aftermath of the first fight:
    Gary says, "Melvin was thrown out his RPG group for being a rules lawyer." There should be an "of" between "out" and "his".

Against the Cockroaches. Not sure how much is intentional and how much is Gary being Gary, but:
    The adventure is level 10 on the map but "level 12 recommended" on the module cover. I'm content that this could be intended (it is handwritten after all!).
    The introduction to the first fight has " city s" instead of "city's" and I think it has an extra space between "you" and "encounter".
    Phaselock has mentioned one of these before but they still seem to be present.

18. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks guys. These are now fixed.

19. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

More for you (sorry!). Pools of Slime, 2nd adventure:
    After the adventure starts Karen talks about Zombies being so 1978 and other things undead related, but the only enemies in the map are slimes, jellies and puddings.
    Unless she's foreshadowing the next battle, in which case fair enough.

20. Card Hunter Joe

Hmm. We did a balance pass recently and I think this nuked some of the descriptions. I lie in bed at night haunted by these typos.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.