Beta Build 1.26 (April 7, 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Sorry for no build last week, but this one is a big one to make up for it!

The lobby/MP room stuff should be a lot better with this build so that's worth checking out. We now properly show your win streak/bonus chests in the lobby. There's a lot more story content, a bunch of bug fixes, new skills, a new chest and a new shop, as well as changes to the shop re-stocking frequency.

Now fixed to show real patch notes!

Campaign
    • Big adventure rebalance pass on all adventures (lots of battle changes)
    • Reworked level unlocks to create gates for Melvelous the Magnificent, Against the Leeches, Black Oaken Heart and Card Hunt 2. All now playable in-game.
    Battles
    • Renamed Rose Dragon to Yellow Dragon in final battle of that adventure.
    • Removed extra kobold from camp scenario (not being used).
    • Added a shadow to the kobold camp board.
    Tutorial
    • Lobby highlights locations during tutorial.
    • Prompt about MP slightly earlier in campaign.
    • Lose in greenfang battle restarts the same battle instead of dumping to lobby.
    Cards
    • Added a triggering die roll to Talented Healer.
    • Added a ton of card flavour text
    • Fixed attack type blocked by Polearm Slash.
    • Added "yourself" to Leadership.
    Card Art
    • fixed typo in Rejuvenation card art
    • fixed thumbnail art for Readiness card.
    • Fixed name of Toughened Hide Strips card art
    • added card art for Fiery Fist
    • added card art for elemental resistance
    • Updated Solid Wood card art
    Multiplayer
    • Changed the MP reward schedule a bit.
    • Set the resign battle button text to 'Resign Battle' when not spectating. Fixes the bug where the button was left as 'Leave Battle' after spectating.
    • Added visual mp reward timeline and info
    • Hopefully fixed occasional client error on battle entry w/out tab focus
    • Adjusted map locations in lobby to match new concept.
    • In spectator mode, give the figure bases different colors
    • Changed ranked arena location anim to run at a fixed speed.
    • Fixed Crusher in the Fierce Dwarf starter.
    Chests
    • Changed magnificent chest contents to be a lot better.
    Story
    • Fixed GM dialogue in The Wizard's Workshop, Highway Robbery, Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison and Garnet Demon Portal to reflect reduction in number of scenarios.
    • Added Dialogue for Card Hunt 2, Jewel of Alet Zhav, Return to the Astral Shrine, Melvelous The Magnificent, Black Oakenheart.
    • Added reveal GM text for Against the Cockroaches and Melvelous the Magnificent.
    • Added Tomb of Tvericus, Ogre Pass, Lair of the Yellow Dragon, Dungeon of the Swamp King, Astral Guardians, Sinister Woods GM dialogue
    • Added Card Hunt 2 adventure first draft
    Battle
    • Fix figures being thrown to the edge of the board when they die
    • Fixed a heap of actor attachment display bugs, including display order breaking on attachment trigger.
    • Added the Karen turn counter.
    Figures
    • added Adult and baby Wyverns
    • Fixed Copper Golem figure (using updated Bronze Golem)
    • Fixed Tin golem figure
    • Added TroggC figure
    • Added missing figure facing for Human Priest f03
    • added archetype illustrations for Human Warrior M04 and Priest F03
    • Added Human Priest F03 figure and color variants
    • Added Human WarriorM4 and colour variant figure art
    AI
    • Changed desired range of Young Maple Trees; now they're a credible threat.
    Battle UI
    • Move clocks into score UI.
    • Don't show clock in SP.
    • Make turn indicator larger and have it flip consistently in MP & SP.
    • Add Melvin, Amy and generic MP opponent turn indicators.
    • Add an arrow showing active clock and highlight that clock.
    General UI
    • Moved world map -> multiplayer button to top left, same layout incl menu button in mp lobby map. Removed the cute ship thing.Set Changed Cardhuntria and Tournamentria to Campaign and Multiplayer.
    • correct font on login panel text inputs and deckbuilder slot selection dropdown
    • Added chest icon and popup info for multiplayer lobby entry buttons
    • Fixed buttons not showing hover state etc on landing page
    • Moved the module cover into a better position on the mid adventure screen.
    • Make the preloader a little nicer-looking with the box top.
    • Eliminate the flashing white screen between the preloader and the web application
    • Added EULA, including display & tracking stuff. No text though, currently just placeholder.
    • Tidied up login background a little.
    • Changed the title of the pizza callback dialog.
    • Purchase button handles disabling due to negative prices properly.
    • Fixed dropdown text colour
    Pizza
    • fixed compression on Pizza Menu
    • Don't show pizza increase until after the user closes the receipt.
    • Add styling to the return UI from PayPal
    Boards
    • Tidied up Kobold camp board
    • adjusted kobold spawn facing in 1st battle
    Audio
    • Made MP character chat sound like the characters :)
    Shops/Tavern
    • Rare shop stocks 20 items, restocks weekly.
    • Regular shops stock 100 items, restock daily, no rares.
    • Don't deduct gold in cient before character purchase is complete. Prevents the client from thinking the player has less gold than they do if they cancel when selecting a name for their new character.
    • Revised some prices.
    • Gold chest is cheaper but contains only two items.
    Internal Stuff
    • Reconciled some minor differences between the AS & Java Armor component.
    • Instead of destroying the battle room explicitly when the battle ends, remove all the users. Apparently the other way leaves the room hanging around.
    • marked about 120 boots for removal
    • marked 150 Arcane Items for the scrap heap.
    • Fixed minor logic bug in server that was sometimes causing bad starting location placement.
    • Add a utility to check if the server is currently down for maintenance
    • Large memory optimization pass, on both client and server.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Awesome!

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hang on. A lot of those are old news, aren't they? Just open a window for build 1.21 then flip back and forth: the first real addition is the EULA.

However, it's good to see this. Even though you added cockroaches.

P.S.: The cockroaches are at level 12. This means you now have four modules at that level instead of the usual three. However, levels 11 and 15 only have two modules instead of the usual three. Do you intend to shift things in order to even them out?

4. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Good job! but...

D: I see many maps with that big red thing

Attached Files:

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Tested and grabbed card images for the wiki, thanks ! :D

Hexyz likes this.
  6. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

This list is incomplete and many of it is from last update as sir knight pointed out, like for example in rescue from shieldhaven, in adventure 2 there is only one man at arms, in adventure 3 there are only 3 dogs now and adventure 4 is now the warden and the dog the other one got removed

7. Jon

Damnit! I cut and pasted from the wrong place I'll fix up the notes now.

8. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

I thought this looked funky! Glad it's fixed. GREAT changes, although I'm a bit sad to lose the "Cardhuntria" and "Tournamentria" names. They were cheesy, but the good kind of cheese. Like extra-cheese-on-pizza kind of good cheesy.

9. Sir Knight

Great. But what you should have said was "Now with X% more real patch notes!"
    I wonder about this. "Cardhuntria" isn't gone from the game; it's still there on the initial select screen, and probably still in game text somewhere. I'd say that we could stand to lose "Tournamentria": I've commented before that it looks like a relative of "Torment" and just doesn't flow as well. But Cardhuntria sounds good and has fans among the gamers.

A light coating of silliness (or a light coating of cheese, to match your metaphor) is good for establishing a mood. There's a lot of silliness in this game. So I'd argue to keep these whimsical names: Cardhuntria, Startington Keep, and so on, that communicate to a new player "oh, okay, this game is a little tongue-in-cheek."

I mean, I can see they removed Cardhuntria from places like the Spark cards, where one of them (I forget which) spoke of "Cardhuntrian wizards" before the patch. But they ADDED silly text to Mighty Spark referencing the silly "Mighty Sparkping Staff" misspelling we'd discussed on the forums. So the game is gonna be silly. Why not keep the silly names that set the mood?

Edit: The "Cardhuntrian wizards" text was on Deadly Spark, which it turns out I don't own, so I just missed it. I saw the card again in The Jewel of Alet Zhav and I was wrong.

Dark Wolfe, Hexyz and Zoorland like this.
  10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, would be sad to see more of the humour go - but I get the Tournamentria change even though I loved it. Btw - is against the cockroaches the only map that's currently unlockable? I've beaten every map but Lair if the Yellow Dragon (including AtCR) and no Melvelous or anything. Any adventure that needs to be replayed?

11. Jon

I don't actually mind Cardhuntria, and I think our world is still called that. We changed the names to make it clearer what is the campaign and what is multiplayer though.

Also, someday I'll reveal my extensive back-story around the mighty Sparkping Staff.

Megadestructo likes this.
  12. Jon

Some of this stuff might not unlock properly until we reset. It's very hard to reverse engineer new content into the campaign for existing players.

13. Sir Knight

Some say the Mighty Sparkping Staff shall live forever. ("In infamy" optional.)

As to unlocking things: I'm checking out the adventures that have updated text per the update notes. If any of those unlock something, and if a NEW play will prompt the unlock, then great. I guess we'll see.

Pengw1n likes this.
  14. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Are these the two unobtainable figures in Cuthbert's Cotumes? One a 'Samurai', the other 'Egyptian'?

15. Jon

Yes!

16. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

So.... any reset soon?

17. Jon

Soon, yes. I'll announce some details this week.

18. Sir Knight

Quick, spend all your gold! Hurry and . . . oh, wait, it doesn't change anything. But I think a massive treasure chest splurge to see all the fun items might be in order.

Anyway.

Jon, do you suppose you folks might do a "lessons learning in beta, part 1" dev diary? You know, summarizing intriguing tidbits for the average follower, and, in a sense, letting us beta testers know "how we're doing"?

19. Jon

I REALLY should do some more dev diaries and that would be a good topic, yes.

Megadestructo, Pengw1n and Zalminen like this.
  20. Sir Knight

If you wanted . . . you could open it up to "guest diaries" from forum-goers.