Free Pizza?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Womble, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Need more pizza!!

2. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Isn't there already the option to 'buy' Pizzas in beta? Using sandbox paypal or something.

I'm kinda too lazy to do it .- . so haven't even unlocked any treasure hunt or buying any chests.

3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

4. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Thanks - have sorted it. Though not sure I want it now. Kind of good to earn the stuff rather than "buy" it.
    I hope they keep the adventure mode separate from the PvP chests, and make you rely on skill rather than stocking up with legendary items.

5. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

This is a sandbox account. That means no money is exchanged. It is a testing setup so developers using paypal as a payment gateway can test their transaction process without real money flying around. Just follow the instructions below.

Paypal Sandbox Setup
    1. Go here: https://developer.paypal.com
    2. Login with your paypal account or create an account.
    3. Click on Applications
    4. Click on Sandbox accounts
    5. Click create account
    6. Set account type to: Personal (buyer account)
    7. Not sure if these matter but this is what I used:
      1. Bank verified: No
      2. Payment card: Paypal
      3. Credit card type: Visa
    8. Press create account.
    While within card hunter order some pizza and enter the email address and password from the buyer's account you just setup.

Experience

It is a pretty smooth experience. Love the creativity of the receipt, keeping it within the theme of the game. Would be a nice touch if the transaction page was also themed, but that may be asking too much.

However, on that note, I don't care for being kicked out to another browser tab/window. I know that wmode=direct can have issue with html overlay but a div layered over the the embed loaded via ajax would be nice (if paypal has the API). An iframe might work, given no crossdomain issues.

Kodi likes this.
  6. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

Pizza would be great, as I already spent my free stuff and even spent five bucks to unlock all the adventures. Seems silly that multiplayer is pretty much locked out for me. Maybe they should consider making one of the groups free...?

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

You are supposed to get a free starter pack at a certain level.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

After the gladiator adventure which i find fitting and awesome!

Zeetoois likes this.
  9. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

Good to know! :D

10. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

I am trying to setup a Paypal sandbox account, but when the option to set bank verified as No It will not let me.
    Ill try again in a few days.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

This is an old thread. The sandbox now ONLY applies on the test server:

http://forums.cardhunter.com/forums/testing.13

Now, for all I know, you're talking about the test server here anway. However, new people reading the thread could be confused, so I'd recommend keeping this discussion to the appropriate forum.