Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

OK thanks for this. I've fixed it now.

2. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Got another Typo with Gary in the lizerman quest. I suggest switching "with" and "you"s places. Gary Typo 1.png

3. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

Was literally just going to point this out. Nice find. :)

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh, this is stickied now.

Anyway, back in Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison, the Aftermath on the fourth battle says the players are approaching the prison "warder's" quarters, while Gary calls him the "warden." Same conflict in the Aftermath to the fifth battle.

Before the fifth battle "no one has escaped the prison is twenty years" with "is" there instead of "in."

5. Sir Knight

In The White Star, I think some of Gary's text is out of sequence. At the end of the second battle, he talks about how appropriate the name of the "Gleaming Caverns" is; and then at the START of the next battle he says "You really showed those Kobolds." I can't recall whether the second battle is called "Gleaming Caverns," but if so then it sounds like these two should be moved one "event" earlier.

Then, in the Mother Lode (final battle), the page text calls the villain "Pokhin" but the model is named "Pokkin."

Edit: Victory text, "You weep at it's beauty and cry: " but that's the wrong form of "its" and you don't actually get a "continue" button to see what comes after the colon.

Another edit: I just went back and clobbered those other Kobolds, the ones in Ommlet. At the end, the "remaing" Kobolds scamper off into the fields.

6. Sir Knight

TRIPLE POST MADNESS!

Throne of Strench, the second battle ends saying something like "little of value except for ice and snow." Ah, so ice and snow are valuable?

Then the third battle begins by referencing Strench's guards, the "Tog" Gougers.

7. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for these guys. I've fixed all the typos for the next build.

8. Sir Knight

. . . Including the ones I'm about to mention? (Bwa ha ha.)

Forest of Souls, Sunlit Field (second battle), "They will Clubbing Branch" should perhaps say "They will use Clubbing Branch."

Compass of Xorr, aftermath on the final battle says "Inside lies several items" but that should be "lie."

Lord Stafford's Treasure, Main Hall (first battle), "and player would be well advised" should probably be "and the player"

Lord Stafford's Treasure, Treasury (final battle), "will aim them with Raise the Alarm" should say "arm them" or "aid them."

Order of the Core, Fortress Gates (first battle), "it is advisable for the Games Master familiarize himself" should probably say "to familiarize."

(Also, something tells me that the use of the pronoun "he" is going to get sarcasm from persons in speech bubbles (e.g., by the pizza delivery person), given how everything else about 70's D&D gets mocked. If that's not planned, well, you might reconsider whether you want to support the gendered pronoun.)

Order of the Core, Library (third battle), "This is a holy place is guarded" should be "place, guarded" or "place and is guarded."

And then in its aftermath, "Descent Into The Core" is actually "Descent to the Core," and "a old fishing village" should be "an old."

On a different topic, the transition from Diamonds of the Kobolds to The White Star is a little iffy. The White Star begins with "The Kobold leader" (capital letter on "The," by the way) telling you about this location before his death, but Diamonds of the Kobolds ends with no useful information about this new destination.

9. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks Sir Knight. I'll do these this morning.

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

(possibly test server) Dungeon of the Lizard Priest talks about Slub'Gut escaping - but the Lizardman Underpriest in the adventure is not named and uses a differently coloured model, which makes this confusing if it's meant to be the same as the now named Slub'Gut in Slub'Guts sanctum.

Edit: Possibly have the Underpriest be an acolyte of Slub'Gut, and have directions to the next adventure on him instead of changing the model et c.

11. Sir Knight

(You know, it's much slower to write all these things out in full sentences than it is to identify them in the first place. Oh well, I'm practiced in this sort of thing . . . )

Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifying Round, second battle's aftermath, "as the first opportunity" should be "at the first opportunity."

Gladiatorial Arena, "Round 1" (which makes it confusing to refer to the "last battle" in it), The Final, "The Card Hunter final is event" should be "is an event." "The Games Master should it accord it" has one too many "it"s.

12. Sir Knight

Different sort of text issue: in Return to Woodhome, after beating the first battle, Gary's text starts off with the name of my first character. Cool feature, but what it says is "[Name] A famous victory must be richly rewarded." Thus, the name isn't really used for anything.

13. Card Hunter Joe

Gents - there are quite a few sections of the story in the new build that are only half finished. Apologies for this! There are places where pieces are missing and incomplete (for instance Tree Forts). We're hoping to have a more complete version by the end of this week.

14. Card Hunter Joe

15. Sir Knight

The new "discard" tutorial text should probably advise "if you have more than two cards on a character."

Also, replaying the tutorial adventures, I'm in the first battle of White Skull Canyon, and Gary just said . . . something. "Take that! Ig-Gabig--" and then, before I could read the rest, it was removed from the screen so Gary could tell me about how cards with Duration work.

But aside from that, awesome job on the terrain tutorial in the second battle!

16. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

(test) Slub'Guts Sanctum - second and last map, adventure text claims he has 3 special guards, while he only actually has 2.

17. Card Hunter Joe

Hey all. I've been through and made the corrections and you should see them in the next build. As ever, thanks so much for the eagle-eyed help! There are lots of changes to the story in the next build so we're looking forward to hearing your feedback.

18. Card Hunter Joe

Ah - I've just checked and the next build is from a few days ago, hence won't have these changes in them. They're coming!

Pengw1n likes this.
  19. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Aftermath of Shieldhaven maps 2 & 5 refer to "the baronet's daughter"
    The module overview refers to her as the "the baronet's wrongfully-imprisoned cousin"

20. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That's just wrong I'm guessing it should be wife and cousin.

Lance likes this.