Attribute Filters for the Mule's Search Bar.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by imMara, Mar 4, 2013.

1. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

Something like, for example: Typing "1 talent" will show only 1 talent items or, typing "No talent" for 0 talent items, etc..

I think it would be a nice addition to item managing.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Would also like to be able to type stuff like quantity >1 if possible

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wait, what's an "attribute"? A keyword? Or are you talking about talents?

If you do mean "talents," I had a thought about that. We currently have buttons to "sort by" this or that (like talent, rarity, level, and whatever I'm forgetting), but you're asking about "subset." What if: a single click on a button gives you "sort by" for that button, but click-and-hold pops up a menu where you can hit "subset" check boxes for your preferred qualities (talent cost, et cetera)?

skip_intro and Wozarg like this.
  4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

seams like a very good idea Sir Knight

5. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

ninja edit, tnx :p

6. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I'd love to see something like typing keywords: block any, selecting weapon and then I see all weapons with block any cards, awesome! : >

7. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

another related suggestion
    beeing able to filter usable items for the selected character would be a great help for picking out equipment
    and while we are at it...showing the comparison window while you are hovering over the item instead when you are about to equip it would really help
    and i agree...filtering by keywords is a good idea

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That works now. Type a word into the search box and it will show you all cards with that word.

When you're on an equip screen, clicking on the slot, i.e. Helmet, will filter your loot to show only Helmets. Hovering over the item can't give you a comparison as there could be more than one slot for the item, i.e. multiple weapon / arcane / divine slots.

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think adding a check box per class would be excellent - so you can outfit one character at a time which is is what I think Sharien wanted, without having to switch item slots (unless your collection is really massive).

irongamer likes this.
  10. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

exactly that

though i didnt know about clicking on item slots...that should help but still...an overview over all items that character can use would be beneficial
    especially since there may be items for a slot that usually would fit there but you cant use them because of talents

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That's a different thing and the way that talents operate may mean that it's a complex bit of work to implement. I would like to see a "filter by talent cost" though as it would make life easier.

12. Pengw1n

Err... isn't there already one like that? The circle button I believe?

13. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That doesn't filter, it just orders the inventory into talent cost order. I was thinking more of something like - "Zero Talent Cost" which would show only those items, "One Clear Talent", "Two Clear Talents", etc.

14. Pengw1n

My bad, agree that we need a deeper sorting system in general!

15. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yeah, that's what I was trying to suggest earlier: click on a button to "sort by," click-and-hold on a button to get a "filter" menu.

If that's too crazy to program, I imagine there could be a "Show Advanced Search Options" button that drops open a new box full of all these wishlist features.