Summer Update is coming! Lord Stafford II needs your help!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sir Civil, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

Adventurers!

It's time to put cards on the table and share what we have prepared for you. The summer update will bring a lot of new enemies to the Card Hunter. It will be the most adventure-rich package delivered in one update. And guess what? It’s all for free!

7 new adventures in one update!

After your brave adventurers liberate his father Lord Stafford of his treasure and life, newly-minted Lord Stafford II will have a job for you. At his request, it will be necessary to investigate the disappearance of the townsfolk in Eastpass. We asked Gary if he would like to be the GM of these adventures; he only replied "Woohoo," so he must have been pleased. We hope you will be as well: we have 7 new adventures with over 20 exciting battles!

“Encounter!” New monsters are waiting!

The first adventure will be available from level 9 on and will pit you against a host of new monsters. This is just the beginning of new challenges and we guarantee that the trip to Eastpass will have many surprises and secrets. There will be puzzle elements, but also plot twists and unseen opponents - monstrously a lot of them.

Rewards for the bravest!

The bravest adventurers who make it to the end will get rewards! New figures are waiting for those who help with Lord Stafford II's issue. And it's all free - no pizzas needed! Just beat “Lord Stafford’s Treasure” to unlock the new content!

Stay tuned for more news about Lord Stafford II’s request.

2. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Great news! Can't wait to see those new adventures:)

Flaxative and Sir Civil like this.
  3. WHITE SOUL

WHITE SOUL Kobold

That's great! And I also want ask that will you guys add other languages into the game? Hope it will including Chinese. : )

4. Sir Civil

We are considering adding more languages to the game. At some point, we would love to do that.

5. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

Ok, this is delicious. :oops:

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

What about balance fixes?

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Who is doing the new 2D art?

[​IMG]

Ben Lee leaves some shoes to fill...
    In that context i just discovered that your team page has a hidden alternate portrait per member, Sir Soren aside. Neat.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True. Not just an artist, but an Executive Vice-President in charge of Laundry.
    Such multi-taskers aren't easily replaced.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh, don't worry—our new artists are cooking up some really sweet new art. Can't wait till we can share more of it!

10. Sir Civil

Balance changes may come alongside this update or after it. Well, time after the Summer Update is more realistic. It's a really big topic. Nerfing everything to the ground will be bad and stupid. There are a lot of items/cards in Card Hunter and a bunch of them not only need raw number changes but some rework in general.

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Time to Bless-cano like it’s going out of style because as far as you squalid lot are concerned it very well might be.

so exciting! Thanks, knights of unity.

ParodyKnaveBob and fatcat__25 like this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Such language from a youthpastor? :eek:
    Good job! Continue earning your keep.

Reint and tolkien like this.
  13. Settemio

Settemio Kobold

I had a dream I was playing the new adventures last night. I guess I'm even more hyped for this than I realized consciously.

14. I, too, found myself daydreaming today while farming a module. I tried to imagine a different map that I had not already done a bunch of times :D. Really looking forward to some fresh Cardhunter!

Reint, fatcat__25, Flaxative and 2 others like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As long as it isn't insane, I'm up for it. I mainly hope we get to play our own decks.

Reint, esthkol, fatcat__25 and 2 others like this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are we allowed to talk about new content we find hidden in the data files? I'm about to start collecting images of the new cards, and figure out the pools for the new forms.

Also, will you be using the test server for, you know, testing? BM did both open and closed betas for previous expansions.

Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

For this update at least we are doing internal testing. We're a much bigger team now, with dedicated testers! :)

Reint likes this.