Passing the Baton

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh hey, I can finally answer this question that's been asked a lot since the announcement. I am, in fact, working with the Card Hunter team! I can't speak to the details of our arrangement nor reveal what I'm working on, but I'll be sticking around for a while, in some capacity. =)

Kornl, Sir Veza, Reint and 7 others like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

For The Knights of Unity! Make sure to read the old thread, Let's Corrupt Card Hunter!, for loads of player suggestions of what you should never, ever do. $:^ b (It probably reads better to replace the early "gems" references with different amounts of Pizza.)

P.S. I'm sure we're all pretty glad for and about you, Flak. It seems wonderful to me to not just have BM as an advisor of sorts if and when desired but to actually have one of BM's big community and game-balance folks directly working with TKoU in some sort of official capacity. Thanks to your and TKoU's willingness to make that a thing. $:^ )

P.P.S. You can ask the regular PvPers & and the resident Farming Deity. I'm ♪baaa~aaack.♪ $}^ b

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Sir Veza, fatcat__25 and Flaxative like this.
  3. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Good deal Flax! Put in a good word for me when it comes time for testing, if you think it's worthwhile!

4. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

Man seriously , you can't imagine how happy I am to hear this.

Kornl, Sir Veza, fatcat__25 and 2 others like this.
  5. ParodyKnaveBob

Looks like the wiki should be updated. No, no, not that wiki. That wiki.

(Remember, only we mere players can do it. Devs aren't allowed.)

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Yet here you are, on a forum.

:oops:

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Other wiki could use updating too. The adventure and bestiary sections are missing half the expansions.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. ParodyKnaveBob

As a reminder, Blue Manchu was out of the game as of this very thread being posted. But now, the real point of my post. For those who missed the memo, The Knights asked what we the players wanted to see in the league schedule.
    1. You don't have to merely suspect. This is totally the new devs changing things.
    2. That time was double constructed; this time is double fixed; each time is less Quick Draw.
    They're just delivering. Yay. In fact, within the last day or so, Sir Civil popped in to get a casual survey on the next league schedule, which his comments made obvious was not the only time/way he'd asked around, and in came the new schedule as such.

I for one am enjoying more opportunities to play more leagues I enjoy. $:^ ] (Yep, it finally happened, I'm back in the game.)

That said, delivering, some of us certainly wonder where when this official Discord server is...

My amateur guess: There's a lot going into porting this ActionScript game—with its 3+ textbox plugins and Who knows what all else—to Unity, and a public chatroom discussion of the game's future has fallen in priority.

However, that said, with Flaxative's logic that an official channel existing is better than unofficials, either TKoU really ought to get that server going "just to save face" as it were, or I wouldn't be too surprised if it already exists as a placeholder and TKoU just plans to publicize it once that priority returns.

mikey76500, fatcat__25 and Flaxative like this.
  9. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

We have a history of the last 10 league rotations and based on this info, we are selecting 4 leagues that will appear next. By accident 2 constructed-deck leagues found it into rotation(schedule). Nothing was intended, nobody even thought about pay-to-win or anything like that. This time we have 2 fixed-deck leagues because they were highly requested and 2 other leagues that didn't appear in the last rotations.

What do you think about voting before each league schedule change?

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Voting is good. Also, if you have actual match count statistics about each league in current (and past) rotations, that could be useful way to find out which leagues get played the most.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Note that you should count games played, not leagues joined.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Voting would probably get more players to join the forums, which I consider a good thing.

13. RaysinBran

RaysinBran Kobold

I created an account specifically to say what I originally said.

14. RaysinBran

RaysinBran Kobold

"toxic" lmao, don't be online if you don't like "toxicity" Couch gaming was as toxic as it got back in the day lmao., it's apart of gaming, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And I thank you for saying it! Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion and your right to express it.
    BTW, I still have a fully functional Atari 800 with both cassette and 5 and 1/4 inch drives. It may be a museum piece, but it ain't dead quite yet.
    Also, Welcome to the forums!

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just FYI we do, in fact, have community guidelines against many varieties of toxicity so check it at the door :)

Kornl, tolkien, Reint and 3 others like this.
  17. RaysinBran

RaysinBran Kobold

my fiance and I have a Virtual Boy, N64, GameCube, original Xbox, NES, SNES, Dreamcast, Genesis and a PS2! We love our old consoles! My first game was star wars a new hope on SNES!

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Reint

Reint Ogre

We had both an Atari 400 and an 800XL...nothing like typing in game programs from Compute! magazines. ;)

As for the discussion, I'm really struggling with why it feels as though a lot of people think we have to have EITHER a forum OR a Discord and cannot have both. I'm no online community manager, tech maven, or similar, but it doesn't feel as though having a presence in both locations would be difficult. Just my two cents.

19. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

And isn't it simply wonderful that this forum allowed you to have your say.
    You continue to make my point so very eloquently.

20. RaysinBran

RaysinBran Kobold

Okay fair point, I just want the option.