Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sir Veza, Maniafig and orian34 like this.
  2. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

I like the dog companion. I think it's a pretty good contestant for winning the challenge, and balanced too.

3. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Hello!! What happened here? New cards? Really?? More new items? Seriously? No way! Alright, time to go back to my old and cold grave. Bye!

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Does it have to be something we actually want? Or can it be something that people actually get as a gift?

This year I and my whole family have had a really hard time thinking of anything to ask for. (I just sent an email to my brothers asking for shirts. Unironically.)

And having this song in my head isn't helping.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

AA26 will be included in today's patch. We didn't announce it sooner because there were a few issues remaining, but they've been taken care of. I'll announce the winning card & the new items here later today. Thanks for your patience, one and all!

stupid531 and hello world like this.
  6. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Thanks for the foreshadowing, Flax.

Unsubtle Knife.PNG Chekhov's Dirk.PNG Thrice Prophised Blade.PNG Reliable Impaling.PNG

Kornl, stupid531, Pyrious and 3 others like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I really, really, hope you're wrong.
    Edit: Congratulations to @hwango ! I had high hopes for a couple of other submissions that broke new ground, but perhaps they broke a bit too much ground. It isn't that I don't like Foreshadowed Strike, I was just hoping for something different.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Gingrich Yurr and stupid531 like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The winning card is @hwango's Foreshadowed Strike !

[​IMG]

There were a lot of cool designs, but of those that were 'doable,' this led the pack. I also believe it's not super weak, so I hope yall can enjoy playing with it :)

Four new items have been added to the game containing this card:

[​IMG]

Legendary Unsubtle Knife, level 7 weapon (minortoken)
    Epic Chekhov's Dirk, level 18 weapon (majortoken)(majortoken)
    Epic Thrice-Prophesied Blade, level 18 divine weapon (majortoken)(majortoken)
    Rare Reliable Impaling, level 14 martial skill (minortoken)

As I've stated elsewhere, this has been an experiment, and while I'm quite pleased with the results, it was a bit of an ordeal. AA will return to being simple item creation contests for the foreseeable future, though we may conduct other experiments down the road.

;)

SceoMyntan, tolkien, gurel2 and 5 others like this.
  9. hwango

hwango Hydra

Yay! I hope the card and the items on which it appears turn out to be fun and useful.

Sir Veza, gurel2 and Maniafig like this.
  10. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Why Immediately is not underlined? What happened there?... So did they just copy its type, quality and rarity from the forums without much concern about its real nature or performance, based on beliefs, without a serious and prolix testing process that prevents a disproportionate, inappropriate or advantageous behavior over the other cards (from own hand or opposite hand)?

Even the word "experiment" refers to a strict procedure, however small, where a series of variables has been manipulated...not how things seem to have gone here. It takes on a sarcastic tone to call this process an experiment.

Is precarious that Testing System? Perhaps a struggling one? How many people and cards were involved? Or simply there is none?

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Love the itemization! Brilliant! I really like the "thrice prophesied" bit. Veteran players usually have their animation speed set high but click on those attachments to find out what's ahead in your deck.
    I also like using Obvious Manuever again. It fits the theme well and high elo players love it.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. hwango

hwango Hydra

Chekhov's Dirk was the item I was most excited to equip (since it gave me the best chance of trying out the card), but Unsubtle Knife is definitely the best flavor win for name and for name + cards.

Maniafig, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  13. gurjani

gurjani Kobold

It is curious how certain players are more interested in this game than some developers hanging around here.

14. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

Clarification: does Foreshadowed Strike still create a Perforating Strike in your hand even if it's blocked?

15. hwango

hwango Hydra

Yes, Immediately happens before blocks.

16. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

Wouldn't 'Foreshadowing' make more sense than 'Foreshadowed'? It's the Perforating Strike that's foreshadowed. Anyway, I personally like the design and the use of that art.

Out of curiosity, could you tell us what other submissions were shortlisted? I especially enjoyed this contest, with learning about the card components and seeing how people thought of combining them.

DARK MAGIC, Pyrious, hwango and 4 others like this.
  17. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

four-shadows.jpg
    fourshadowing

SceoMyntan, Sir Veza and tolkien like this.
  18. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Yo @Flaxative
    Thanks for running this. AA is one of the things I most appreciate about the CH community. Mixing it up this time was really fun and a great challenge for the designers (and, obviously, for you) so I just wanted to publicly thank you for the work you put in to running this competition.

Sir Veza, Maniafig, Reint and 6 others like this.
  19. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

20. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Will there be forums in Void Bastards! ?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018