Flax&CT5's new CCG, BlindOak Prow, is in public beta!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Flaxative, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone,

As I might have mentioned elsewhere, one reason I've been a little busy and slow lately is that I've been working hard to get my new game out there. @CT5 and I just released BlindOak Prow as a public beta through Itch.io..

[​IMG]

This is a fully implemented digital strategy CCG that you can play TODAY. It's a beta as opposed to a full launch for a number of reasons: we want to get some enthusiasm and $$$ to support polishing it, and we also want more player feedback. We have a long list of items we want to still do, but the core game is done & ready. (Barring balance changes, of course!)

You can check out the game here:
    https://positionmatters.itch.io/blindoakprow

Link includes more info & a trailer.

Beta access is paid, but includes a free download link for a friend, and all beta users get full card collections that they'll keep when we leave beta. Think of it as an early access game :)

Would love to answer any questions you have. Thanks for checking it out!

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

The trailer* looks neat. Some things remind me of Card Hunter and the original Final Fantasy. Have fun, do well, you two. $:^ ]

* A term which here means, "I paused on many frames to read every card and UI thingy." The v0.4.2 notes likewise look neat. $;^ J

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks friend!

Here's some more footage if you like, in classic CT5 style:

4. leypse

leypse Kobold

Hi, do you design some intriguing multi pve contents?;)

5. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

How does it work with Steam, can I add game to steam when it comes out? Right now when I search Steam it says coming soon.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

When we leave beta and launch the game fully, it will be available on Steam. You can wishlist it for now.

7. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

My question is can I add it to steam later if i buy now? I'm guessing yes but just making sure. Most games have option to add key to game, so I assume we get a Steam key for the full game later when we purchase the beta?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The short answer is you won't have to pay twice.

The long answer is slightly more complicated:

BlindOak Prow will, upon final launch, be "free to play" with in-app purchases. One of the in-app purchases will be the "base set bundle" which all beta users are receiving automatically right now. The app itself on Steam will be free to download, and anyone who played during the beta will be given instructions on how to re-redeem their "base set bundle" for free. So what you're effectively buying right now, in addition to beta access, is a full collection both during beta and when the game is released on Steam. Let me know if you have further questions :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.