Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Hey,

thanks @Scarponi , I'll think about this. I mean it's just a 'get one poison damage' card, so why not having it on a staff? Weren't mages and witches in MA said to use any power to fulfill their (good or evil) plans? Even poison? And what again was Paracelsus saying: Sola dosis facit venenum

I'll also think about the suggested blocks. Thanks so far.

It's sad that I have to point it out (one thing I like about AAs is that you don't have to explain your design and let others figure out, what your idea was), especially to you, @Kalin , as you're - from my point of view - a very experienced player, but as I said attacks aren't possible at all. Not only that the damage points of the attacks all sum up to 25 I also managed to sum up the range points to 25 (and that was a tough challenge, as I also had other restrictions that I won't mention here all). So unless you have an attack card with both no damage and no range, I'm sorry, but I can't make use of them.

ParodyKnaveBob and tolkien like this.
  2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@SirClipston item utilizes each martial skill and almost each damage type. It also has a nice spread of card quality. ( Full disclosure: I may have advised a little bit.)

3. Founder

Founder Hydra

I've already entered a submission, so I'm just brainstorming now. Does anyone else really want to be able to intercept Magic cards which don't target your team? E.g. being able to stop the endless use of Bless?

Name: Blind Faith?
    Type: Boost (Orange)
    Rarity: Rare
    Quality: Gold?

[​IMG]

Effect: [3+] When an enemy within 3 spaces plays a Magic card, cancel that card. Attach to enemy. That enemy can't play Magic cards. Duration 1.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Any thoughts on this? I wanted something that would allow new play and strategies around it (which I think this would).
    Things that were intentional:
    1. You couldn't take more cards than you gave.
    2. It allows exchange between two allies or an ally and an enemy.
    3. Any race/class could choose their cards to give up - it would be simpler if the "1st target" was automatically the card caster, but if for example it then was put only on helmets, then you can only use it to give away warrior cards etc.
    But is it overly complicated? Any thoughts on improving the wording (I tried to combine the wording of Pickpocket and Advanced Battlefield Training.)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

I've tried to find a design I liked for the role swap picture, but didn't manage to find something that would please me. So I don't really know...
    Considering battlefield training cards exist already, I'm not sure how it can be fit in. Drawing a blank on this.

As for this one, here's something I thought of as a fun try:
    AA-26-5.png
    • Hidden Ace
      Assist Card.
      Draw a card.
      Free Card.
    AA-26-1.png
    • Liquid Charm
      Assist Card.
      Attach to self. Duration 2.
      When an enemy targets you with a melee attack, cancel that attack.
      Roll 4+
    AA-26-6.png
    • Good Heart
      Boost Card.
      When you die, restore another random dead Ally to life. That character has 5 Health. Place that character randomly on the board. You do not score victory points for killing reanimated characters.
    AA-26-18.png
    • Unreal Perception
      Boost Card.
      Trait. Attach to self. Duration 2.
      When an enemy attacks you, immediately turn to face them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  6. hello world

hello world Hydra

Can a burst card have an effect only on the targeted square ?

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The main challenge this month is figuring out what is possible using existing features. I'm currently working on a master list of card components and parameters which I should finish by the end of the weekend (last night I did components starting with A and B).

General advice: look for an existing card that does what you want (or part of what you want) and look it up in the card database to see if the things you want to do differently are listed as parameters. To use @orian34's examples: Hidden Ace is certainly possible, Good Heart might be, the other two probably not.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

Looking at it, I'm starting to have doubts about the feasibility of my submission. @Kalin do you think it is possible?

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Definitely appears feasible. Taunt already prevents targeting, and many mechanics check that a character is an ally. Combine and you have your card.

ParodyKnaveBob and orian34 like this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Haven't seen anything for that yet. It's more likely to use the mechanics of Invisibility than Taunt.

orian34 likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

To me it sounds much like Here About The Job with the ally/enemy parameter reversed. If the no-spell component is separate (I suspect it is), it should be possible.

ParodyKnaveBob and orian34 like this.
  12. Harvet

Harvet Goblin Champion

Hey guys, what you think about feasibility of this one?
    Cheking the type of attached cards exist on Gene Therapy and number on Inquisitor's Strike, but what about summarizing of frenzy and armor?
    2. Immolation Aura
    3. [​IMG]
    4. Boost
    5. Gold
    6. Rare
    7. Melee frenzy 1 and Armor 1 for each burning card attached to you. Keep.

13. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I don't understand how your card works. Is it an attachment? Is it a trait or not? What does the Keep mean here? When is this card triggered? You'd need to ask Flax about quantifying armor and frenzy depending on some other variable, but as far as I know no card currently in the game does it so I consider it risky just for that reason alone.

There's also too few situations where this would be worth using over other cards, how often do you really have burning cards attached to yourself? Keep in mind that if this card is an attachment, you can only have 2 other burning cards equipped while if it sticks around in the hand it clogs up your hand during the end of the round when discarding. I can only see it being used paired with Firestorm/Ember Burst/Fireball, and those don't really need to be buffed. Gold is definitely far too high of a valuation for this, compare it to cards like Vengeance, Demonic Power or Gusts Of War.

14. Harvet

Harvet Goblin Champion

@Maniafig, first of all, thank you very much for feedback.
    It's boost like Quick Reactions and Keep used same way as Battle Rage. And cause it neither an attachment nor an armor there aren't direct ways for enemy to get rid of it, which makes it something reliable armor/buff option. But yeah, in terms of playability you are right. May be reducing Quality to silver will work.

15. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I think you could drop the card quality to paper and it would still be hard to justify running. It's too unreliable to assume the enemy will use burning cards, and if you are running a fire build yourself then this card doesn't further your win condition at all.

I also don't think a card with such a narrow condition to even have its effect trigger is something that fits CH. Some poorly designed handicaps aside, cards should in general hold up on their own rather than solely function on a very specific sort of other card to function.

16. Harvet

Harvet Goblin Champion

Yeah, I get your point. I try something else. Ty again!

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I think you mean Move 3 instead of range 3.

@Harvet a couple of ideas:
    A trait with frenzy and burning?
    A burning area of effect like firestorm except only for those adjacent to you?
    A holy fire card that purges the player and burns the target?

18. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

I was copying the format from the wiki. (Run) What do ya think? Should I change it, is it clear?

19. Goliardo

Goliardo Kobold

A question for developers/programmers: How do you program "ignore Encumber effects"? Thanks

20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Steinhauser: I did a double-take at seeing "Range 3" after the Spiked Terrain had already been worded more like "Range 0," but I figured out you meant Move 3. Move cards generally state their "ranges" via the foot icon, but since Move X is an official term, even showing up on the Telepod Jaunt Move card, I'd go with that over what the player-created wiki says.

--

In other news, I thought this might be a good time to crack out Heightened Senses, but none of the images offered really match. $:^ \ The funky-positioned warrior with blades image might go, but 1. not an elf (and it's hard to imagine BM putting this elsewhere besides maybe helmets) and 2. there's only one Attack card this would affect anyway.

Could be a Trait, but like @Gingrich Yurr pointed out, it could work fine in-hand, adding strategic nuance to it and possibly lowering its value. I also noted in another thread, giving it Free Card oddly enough shouldn't even raise its value, although it does remove some of that nuance. (If in hand, though, perhaps it should be a Move|Boost hybrid? Still, no good image to pair with it imo, if anyone wants to try to sway me.)

--

That did lead me to finding this, though. Maybe pic #2, the foot with flames behind it, could work well enough? Again, the funky-posed blades might work, but that's a human -- not an elf. (I edited the quote: upped the Duration to 3 after looking through similar Boosts and made the Silver quality a non-question.) Thoughts?

seth arue and Steinhauser like this.