Card Hunter is Turning Five!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yay, it's almost that time of year again, so get ready for free chests and loot fairy madness. Due to popular demand, we'll also be bringing back the AotA release leagues with a chance to win the classic GM figures. Follow the link for more details:

https://www.cardhunter.com/2018/08/card-hunter-turns-five/

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

The GM figures!!! Better start refining my league decks now.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Wooo! Thank you, Jon & co. -- and gooooo, @Kalin!!! $:^ D

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  4. leypse

leypse Kobold

Happy to hear that, but how about the new expansion? ;)

5. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

DATABASE ERROR

Please, fix it

ParodyKnaveBob and Farbs like this.
  6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Jon is investigating now...

EDIT: It's back!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Which ones were the AotA release leagues?

Artifact Anarchy, that makes sense, but which are the others? I'm old and confused.

DARK MAGIC and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Will loot fairy be visiting Mittenacht modules? For the event and in future... just a pet topic of mine!

Christofff likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

@mckeen: BM decided awhile back not to let the fairy go there since they're considered so difficult and long, much like Return to the Caverns of Chaos.

11. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Yeah, I am aware of the background... I am just arguing that since they have been out for a while, and people have had some time to figure out strategies. I think they are no harder or longer to complete than say Tomb of Savings, or the Troll Tyrant. It also devalues the expansion by not allowing the loot fairy to go there. Personally I think they are pretty fun adventures, and I complete them every now and again. Additionally, last time the fairy visited every module - he(she?) did NOT visit Mittenacht. But I am realistic, and if no one else feels strongly, nothing will change... and that is ok too :confused:

12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The Loot Fairy thinks it's above associating with Shades. And I can't disagree with that.

Reint likes this.
  13. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Like every year, I have to work in a kitchen on these dates that the LF works his/her magic on the modules for the three days doing 13 hour days.

I wonder if its possible to simply allocate say, 48 hours of LF enchantment for each player? And they can choose when to activate it, but it must be activated within the month or so...is that hard to program?

I know this may asking a lot, but as a loyal CH veteran, who has purchased all expansions and packs bar one (and I am not rich, but did it out of respect for the game)...plus I wrote a glowing review on Steam ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198206760365/recommended/293260 )...

So yes I am asking for a gift on your games birthday. But I am worth it :D (And so for all the others who like me are working, or no longer young enough to stay up for two or three days straight to get the max value from LF enchantment).

Happy birthday and many more successful years and content!!

SceoMyntan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. ParodyKnaveBob

Good catch, Sir.
    Clarity, please? $:^ J

Farbs likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oops, date corrected. The start date is Friday the 14th 00:00 GMT/UTC.

16. Reint

Reint Ogre

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but as usual I very much enjoyed the birthday celebration! I have more fun during this weekend than almost any other time in Card Hunter. :) Thank you VERY MUCH, Blue Manchu, and here's looking forward to next year!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  17. ParodyKnaveBob

You possibly just spoke for most people who played this weekend. $¦^ D

(My condolences to people who missed out on time and/or various prizes.)