Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Krisken

Krisken Kobold

Staff of embers worth a buy? I already have staff of million embers, red flame and mordecai magma

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

No. If you ever get round to making a fire wizard, minor tokens will be in high demand from all the arcane items, Focused Pyromancy, and an Instant Burn staff, whereas major tokens aren't needed as much, only from Flame Warpers or Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire which aren't in every fire wizard, so you may as well use the major token on a Staff of Million Embers.

Krisken likes this.
  3. hello world

hello world Hydra

I disagree, getting yellow robes and a yellow racial skill can still be a gamechanger.

4. Gingrich Yurr

Sure, you can still use those. It's less about the major tokens and more about the minor tokens. With Staff of Embers, Focused Pyro, and an Instant Burn staff, you'll have at most 1 minor token for the arcane items. Maybe I've been building my fire wizards wrong, I'm curious, how do you build yours? I need at least 2 minor tokens for Avakiria's Cup and Wym's Fiery Bangle.

Krisken likes this.
  5. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

I typically find Randy's legendary selection to be less than jaw-dropping (The only one I can recall ever purchasing is Impeccability), and I often already have at least one copy of most things he sells.

Then I check today and...

upload_2018-6-12_11-6-29.png

There are TOO MANY exclamation points! I don't have enough cash lying around to buy all the things that look good. Any advice/discussion on what to consider here? From left to right, we have:

LEGENDARY
    Advanced Crushing
    Bolg's Club Of Evasion
    Count Yurik's Teeth
    Final Sword
    Garalem's Boots
    General Jelom's Helm
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots
    Perfect Agility (seems quite good - I didn't even know Uncanny Dodge was available to players)
    Robes Of Avak Seth
    Staff Of The Misanthrope

EPIC
    Berserker (seems like the best epic, but I could be wrong)
    Blessed Radcannon
    Cherry Shield
    Cottonwood Staff
    Grimsong's Scythe

I have about 7500 gold on-hand, so three legendaries tops. I could probably scrape together another 500 if Berserker or another epic seems worthwhile, but that's probably it. I've just never seen this shop have such overwhelming potential, and I need help.

6. Gingrich Yurr

The only thing worth buying here is Final Sword, sadly enough. Don't be fooled by the exclamation marks, Randi's trying to trick you.

7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

What about Count Yurik's Teeth? That level of damage on a minor token vamp item looks juicy to me, is there a place for it in a vamp build or are your divine item slots better used with major tokens since Vamps can budget their minor tokens elsewhere for more gain?

8. Gingrich Yurr

I think a vamp would rather have Relic Of The First Vampire for a minor token divine item. That thing is broken. I've never really tried Vampire's Kiss but I don't like that your opponent can just heal back the damage with a vamp attack of their own, it's pretty much only useable on Cantrip. Anyone with experience with Vampire's Kiss?

9. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Even worse is when they happen to get Swarm of Bats from the kiss... Vampire's Kiss is a tricky and weird card. Might be best to evaluate as a disruption tool that heals yourself.

DARK MAGIC likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I agree Final Sword is the only must buy. But some of the others have legit playability, and a few more could be added for niche builds. I think Buckwell's and Yurik's are worth consideration.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Gingrich Yurr

Finally some good stuff in Randi. I'll be picking up Impeccability #2 and most likely Reaper's Scythe #2. What I wanted to ask is if Phantom Pain #3 would come in useful. I have 2 Illusions already, and I enjoy playing triple wizards, if it helps.

13. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I would go yes on the Phantom Pain #3.... It is a good strategy to pack lots of barriers with a three wizard team, even if the opponent has no wizards. It can disrupt line of sight for priests and create difficult terrain for warriors. Packing 3x phantom pain on one character gives you all the consistency of Illusion, without giving up one of your (likely) damage dealing stave slots. The probable drawback is giving up some of the control items that would probably be in those arcane item slots...

ParodyKnaveBob and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  14. Krisken

Krisken Kobold

15. Gingrich Yurr

It's great in certain map rotations, but it's not a huge priority. Only buy if you have enough gold in your reserves.

Krisken likes this.
  16. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

17. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I would say Reaper's Scythe is what you want to be holding out for instead of Quick Jon's Axe
    Reality Warper is one of those items that keeps dropping for me, I now have 6... don't think I have used more that one at a time though
    Superb Trickery is a very playable item- I ran double elf warriors with this for a bit and it was competitive

18. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Should I pick up second copy of Absolution? I already have full set of Bahoxl's Mauls.

19. awang

awang Kobold

I got a decent amount of new things in this week's Randimar's:

Legendary:
    Aloysi's Ring
    Aranak's Chain Web
    Eeygonnic's Shield
    Evasion
    Illusion
    Impeccability
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    Reynoldo's Boots
    Yancley's Boots

Epic:
    Aataabulous's Boots
    Hylithia's Wand
    Pressing Problems
    Starknife
    The Inquisition
    Trained Toughness
    Vinorkin's Boots

Of these, Impeccability, Mordecai's, and The Inquisition look the most interesting. What are your thoughts?

If it helps, I can probably be considered to be in the phase where I don't have the best farming items. I can put together a workable low-level farming team, but I have yet to figure out good strategies for the more difficult missions.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Those are all great choices. I'd also consider Illusion and Pressing Problems for leagues.
    Select the name of the item and click the button that looks like a green ball (the stack of papers next to it is for cards).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.