Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Cone of Cold can be stacked very heavily in a deck with Staves and Arcane Items already, so putting it on Robes doesn't seem very risky to me so long as it's a thematic fit. Robes could do with some more cold cards!

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Reint likes this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Stexe likes this.
  4. Stexe

The thing about Battleaxe Block is that it is a Block but cheaper, which makes it improve the item even more.

I think Double Axe To The Face will be the way to go since it is a pretty weak card for an Emerald quality, which makes putting 2 of them (for 3 Ready To Strikes) a lot less likely and powerful.

5. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I would run this item so fast. I think the issue is extra hack, as much as RtS. At the moment it is only possible to get 1 in your deck, and that's poorly itemised.
    I think your challenge here is making a double major isn't too strong. Utility is probably the way to go. I'm on my phone so can't really play around with cards that might fit.
    Also, perhaps arrange the cards in the order their expansion was released?

6. Stexe

Items organize their cards by quality and rarity. There's no way to come up with cards that make sense if they were in order of expansion release.

And yes, it is too powerful. Going to be scaling it back with Double Axe To The Face and some other stuff.

Sir Veza and tolkien like this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

8. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

That card is actually pretty good though, just poorly itemised. Stun is very powerful.

FDrybob likes this.
  9. Stexe

Agreed. Anvil Strike is super strong, definitely wouldn't put that.

10. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

No, it isn't. It's quite powerful, add some frenzy attachments to your character and you will see.

11. Stexe

That's about the only useful effect of doubling Frenzy. It is still weak for an Emerald card. Look at the other Emerald cards out there:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty sure Double Axe to the Face is on the lower end of all those...

FDrybob likes this.
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Well, at least it isn't Enchanted Mail. :p

It's also worth noting Double Axe to the Face triggers armor rolls twice, and has trouble with on-damage rolls such as Martyr and Boosted Heal. It's a nice card when you have frenzies or enemies are fragile/vulnerable/leaky-minded, but not stackable enough in a deck to make a gimmick strategy around like Jim's Magic Missile.

I do think Double Axe to the face is riskier from a flavour perspective than Battleaxe Block, the former seems like it would be a signature AI card while the latter is more of a standard card. I would really like to know what AI cards are viable for submissions and which aren't.

13. Stexe

I thought it would be more viable than Battleaxe Block due to Battleaxe Block being exactly like Block but "cheaper" in card cost.

14. HisRoyalHygiene

Yes but AA has broken from this tradition many times before.

On another note, I'm a little surprised no one has gone with the 2nd birthday theme. Was thinking a divine weapon with DAttF, chop x2, twin heals x2 and birthday present could fit the theme well.

15. Gingrich Yurr

Probably because using Birthday Present will give you close to 0% chance of winning. I know Flax has bent the rules before but for a card that literally does nothing? Not sure about that.

FDrybob likes this.
  16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Prestidigitation is one of Flax's favorite cards.

Come to think of it, if one went with Happy Birthday it actually would not be utterly worthless. It could be a block checker, or give an ally cantrip at the end of a round.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  17. HisRoyalHygiene

He doesn't like deck thinning cyclers but it's thematic, which he likes. I don't think it would be accepted but most of the current submissions (mine included) are instant fails.
    Surely I'm not the only one who participates for fun rather than winning?

18. Stexe

Has it? Can you show an example of where that is the case when it made it in-game?

19. Gingrich Yurr

Well, you don't need to worry about the deck-thinning part because Birthday Present doesn't do that. And for sure, the main reason to participate is for fun, but I also think even those who participate for fun would like a shot at winning too.

There was an example from the recent AA, Chef's Chopping.

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  20. Stexe

Oh, wow, it actually shows up like that in-game? I thought it was auto-sorted in-game and there was no way to change it.

If so then I could organize it by release date of each expansion, even if it would look weird.

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.