Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The item St Trobor's Maul is the only "saint" item I've seen so far that lacks a period after "St" so I presume this is an error.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Blind Rage reveals the cards that trigger the self damage part but the text says nothing about that.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Nargil Demon-Sworn took 5 Piercing damage.
    Nargil Demon-Sworn reacts!
    but (missing actors) heals 3 points in response!
    Nargil Demon-Sworn died.

Boosted Heal battle log, encountered in MP against Gary.

5. Brad Hudson

Brad Hudson Kobold

For item "wyvern hide helmet" the "t" is missing on all three cards from the class line

6. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Greater Heal is missing self target description as you're able to self target with it :)

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

DW_test1 walks
    DW_test1 tries to trip (missing actors)…
    and succeeds!
    Gnome Spearmen discarded Reactive Trip.

Well, DW_test1 is my dwarf warrior and he doesn't have reactive trip in hand. It was the Gnome Spearmen who had it.

8. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

DP_test1 revealed Heal
    DP_test1 revealed Minor Heal
    DP_test1 revealed Consuming Touch
    DP_test1 revealed Walk
    Bait drew a card.
    phaselock says: lol
    Surgeonfish says: =)
    phaselock says: why does EI not show in log
    Surgeonfish says: i find most people dont expect that
    Surgeonfish says: it does
    phaselock says: u have a full elf party...i'd expect that :D
    Surgeonfish says: says "Reveals the secrets"
    phaselock says: same goes for dwarves
    Surgeonfish says: hehe
    phaselock says: it says Bait drew a card for me
    phaselock says: no reveals the secrets
    Surgeonfish says: hmm...
    Surgeonfish says: we may want to add that as a bug

This was in MP, Surgeonfish saw smthg different on his screen compared to mine...I don't see the text related to Elvish Insight but he does.

10. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

you didnt scroll up high enough phase. i can see that already, at the top of the "revealed card" list is says it

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Now i know why I didn't see it. Confused my card draw with the reveal...dang, false alarm.. :D

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Wild Spark is missing card preview link in battle log.

EP_test1 drew Run.
    Sprak spews a wild bolt of electricity!
    DW_test1 took 8 Electrical damage.

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Have no idea where this bug should go and I can't remember which build it might have started showing. In any case, this is what I got upon login post 1.18.

*snip*
    Verifying data.
    ERROR: Equipment Barking Cap refers to unknown card Ill-Fitting Armor.
    Initializing deck builder
    *snip*

Couldn't find Barking Cap in inventory. I do have an Untrained Armor skill with the card Ill-Fitting Armor. Hope it helps.

14. Sir Knight

I asked before
    and now I see that its bonus is, indeed, a "Keep" effect without saying Keep on the card.

15. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

The stench cavern (2nd area in trog caverns) has a missing word in the description. It says something like "There bats and rats here as well."

16. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Draining Touch

Wegtup had 2 hps before the following attack.

BATTLE LOG: Player=irongamer,Scenario=Mine Entrance,Room=Battle DMND 633,RoomID=4240,Event=PlayAction,Action=Draining Touch,Instigator=Annisha,Targets=Wegtup
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Mine Entrance,Room=Battle DMND 633,RoomID=4240,Msg=Wegtup took 3 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Mine Entrance,Room=Battle DMND 633,RoomID=4240,Msg=Annisha healed 3

Annisha touches Wegtup and heals up!
    Annisha moved.
    Wegtup took 2 Unholy damage.
    Annisha recovered 3 HP.

Over damage appears to be healing.

17. Sir Knight

It's been reported, we debated it a bit, and Jon thinks:
    So hopefully it will change.

In other news: Blink is probably supposed to be like a Dimensional Traveler that you can cast on other people, and so it uses similar text. However, this text does not work. Blink's second box says "At the start of each round, you Move 3," which makes it sound like you PERSONALLY will Move 3 just by having it in your hand (this is how Arcane Feedback works for damage, after all). In this case, Blink should probably say "target will Move 3."

Edit: And I'm tired of double- (and triple-) posting, so let me note that Battlefield Training's description is just the slightest bit unclear: it doesn't say whether the card goes into the target's deck or hand (it goes into the hand).

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Galeldirer Earth-changer drew a card.
    Galeldirer Earth-changer drew a card.
    DWiz_test1 emits a jet of fire!
    Galeldirer Earth-changer tries to block the attack -
    and succeeds, allowing him to slip away!

Flame jet missing mouse-over link in battle log.

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

(unknown actor) is wearing a fancy hat -
    Wizard's Hat triggered draw for DWiz_test1.

20. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Gnome taking damage from Bezerk Spin, which is not mentioned on card. Also, with the rename on the Gnome and Goblin Berzerker - this card should logically probably be renamed Berserk Spin? Also, damage type he took was piercing while slashing is the damage type of the card - no attachments or revealed cards in hand that could have caused it.

BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Event=PlayAction,Action=Berzerk Spin,Instigator=Jollo,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Thick Hide Armor,TriggeringActor=Phyzzle,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Resistant Hide,TriggeringActor=Phyzzle,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Msg=Phyzzle took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Msg=Jollo took 1 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Gnome Gate,Room=GNOM (pengw1n),RoomID=740,Msg=The active player is now pengw1n