Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

In view of the lack of chances to submitting items I show you more. Enjoy.

Aloyzo's Arsenal Contest º23

1. BUSSM1593
    2. Haven't chosen one yet
    3. Staff Epic Level 20 (majortoken)(majortoken)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5.Werewolf

PDº: I've designed this Staff considering the third scenario at The Spreading Blight. It gives us (as close as to) a real dimension of a battle against Werewolves, in a vast area and without interference from another annoying creatures surrounding us. I think there is not a better place to determine if our gear is good or if our strategy is the appropriate one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

An 8 range, linear Stunning card would be absolutely broken. And not fun to play against either.

Just in general the inclusion of any Stunning cards instantly sours me on a submission, the less of it in the game the better.

PULSEFIRE and Stexe like this.
  3. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Sorry, you didn't understand the purpose.

4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

And what would that purpose be?

5. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Strike one!

6. Founder

Founder Hydra

I have removed my anti-zombie boots and have gone with an entry which I wanted to do but thought too risky.

If anyone wants to use the previous entry (not sure why you would, mind), it's here:

1. Founder
    2. Crowd Control Clogs
    3. Boots (Level 19 (majortoken) Epic)
    4. Lunging Bash, Muscle Through, Immoveable
    5. Muscular Zombies

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Founder

Founder Hydra

I don't understand. Can't you just tell us?

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

To me, the purpose of entering a contest is to try to win, and I would be very, very surprised if Flax gives the prize to an entry with a powerful monster-only card.

And I consider the purpose of this AA is to make the hardest battles a little easier, so all the people suggesting items aimed at a monster that only appears in the second-easiest battle are the ones missing the point. (And there's only one card on that item I'd even want to use against Werewolves, and it's not the Lightning.)

Stexe and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Werewolves appear in more than one adventure. Come on! Check this out:

Maybe...I didn't want to overpower the staff. Look at it. It's a nice, useful and quite strategic item. With an incredible name in the near future!

Only right items can help you to say that fighting against Wolves is an easy task, otherwise you are a dead man.

Oh you certainly would...

But you insist I'm wrong about Werewolves. Alright. I invite you to read my post. Which I wrote with all my love.

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/the-spreading-blight-ultimate-deck-part-2.11183/

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oops, I forgot about that even though I played that battle last night. If I'm dealing with him, the battle has already been decided one way or the other.

Werewolves are easy compared to Shades, Ice Skeletons, Spirits, and Undead Priests. Yes you need to use the right items, but that should be true for all high level opponents.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Aloyzo's Arsenal Contest º23

1. BUSSM1593
    2. Advanced Holographic Torturer
    3. Epic Arcane Item Level 19 (majortoken)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Werewolf

PD: I've designed this object considering the third scenario at The Spreading Blight. It gives us (as close as to) a real dimension of a battle against Werewolves, in a vast area and without interference from another annoying creatures surrounding us. I think there is not a better place to determine if our gear is good or if our strategy is the appropriate one.

If you want to post it at Aloyzo's, go ahead. You have my permission. I have already posted one. Don't forget to change my name.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Kalin
    Wouldn't River In A Bottle be better themed against Werewolves instead of Shades since Shades have a default move of Fly ?

Stexe likes this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The contest theme is "particularly useful in battle against one of the monsters", and what my wizard wants most when fighting shades is to keep everything else away while my priests heal it to death. And frankly, I like it when the shade decides to get close to my chars instead of hiding.

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  14. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It can work you can put water directly in front and they won't be able to get to you. I see it both ways. Doesn't really scream thematic fit though overall :-P

15. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

16. Founder

Founder Hydra

Open Wound prevents a Negative Energy Being from gaining or losing health. That can be useful in itself.

Alternatively, Open Wound can be used to stop other nearby enemies from gaining health from Inspiring Presence or Daylight when they are being used to hurt Shades or heal allies.

17. wtfisAPC

wtfisAPC Kobold

1. wtfisAPC
    2. Taunting Arrogance
    3. Divine Item (Level 7 Tokenless Legendary)
    4. Taunt, Open Wound, Vulnerable

18. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Taunt pretty much rules out any chance of your submission making it into the game since it has never been tested for PvP balance, especially because it is a) on a tokenless item, b) paired with a trait and c) on a Divine Item so you can use four of them.

It's also not really clear what mob that's meant to counter, Open Wound makes me suspect it's Shades but the nastiest attacks Shades use target the whole board and thus aren't affected by Taunt.

ParodyKnaveBob, PULSEFIRE and Stexe like this.
  19. wtfisAPC

wtfisAPC Kobold

I made this item with pvp in mind. Originally was leaning towards this item being a helmet but I wasn't sure if open wound was a card specific to priests. Thanks for the feedback.

20. hello world

hello world Hydra

I'd suggest changing the telekinesis to force cone and presenting it as an anti- zombie priests items(as a bonus it would be sweet against tombstones too)

Stexe likes this.