Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

2. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Or...
    Skillful dodge is powerful, but maybe stick it on a major token item and with the underwhelming scamper?

Dog Skin Boots (Not a serious name, probably)
    Major
    Rare
    Jump Back, Skillful Dodge, Scamper

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I was thinking about something like that too. Might be a bit strong with that and doesn't make me instantly think of Batford.

4. Founder

Founder Hydra

I'd like to think my entry is amusing >_>

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If I name an item after Dalendro, will anyone know who I'm talking about?
    (I had to look up his name.)
    He's the Hardened Mercenary, which is a bit awkward for an item name.

6. hello world

hello world Hydra

Trying to do something with dropped guard, block and the mercenary cards, but anything capable of getting the nod over double edged sword looks extremely minmaxed...

7. Stexe

8. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

9. Stexe

No, just seems a bit too similar... but whatever. Just find it strange. I should have just posted my idea and then edited it later if I wanted to change it.

10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  11. Stexe

If it wins I want partial credit :-P

12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Sure, although it won't; Staggering Chop makes sure the chances are slim to none.

But then again, perhaps that's what it needs, since following rules to the letter haven't yielded results in 20 of my 21 submissions.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  13. Stexe

I think you mean Staggering Chop. I figure if the rest of the cards are weak enough that it makes the item not super competitively viable it might work.

14. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Well, my 'Swarm of Batfords' pun was taken early, so I feel your pain Stexe :p

15. Stexe

Lord Batford's Helmet with Dodge, Scamper, Ouch!? Scamper isn't found on a helm, but it could fit as there are similar movement cards on helms?

16. Paper Crit

Paper Crit Orc Soldier

Hello forums! I rarely write anything here. Time for a change and make more of a worthwhile contribution. I never even knew this discussion thread was live until a couple days ago.

My entry is very close to mckeens idea. I never seen it here or I would have went with my original idea of Wicked Spiked Collar : Clumsy, Penetrating Lunge, Skillful Dodge -helmet.

Is a Dodge card, like skillful, even allowed on boots? Dodge appears on no shoes.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Paper Crit

Paper Crit Orc Soldier

Oh, and as stexe was/is working on a helm, if Dodge cannot work in the boots slot, im going to forget my skillful dodge ambitions. I always found those dodgey mutts annoying but they instantly remind me of Batford's Manor.

18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Welcome to the forums good fellow! According to the csv, dodge is only available for:
    Shield,Robes,Weapon,Human Skill,Elf Skill,Helmet

But suggest away.

I commend to you Batford's sgian dubh (skee ann doo). This would be a knife worn in the sock of scottish folk.

Now, some might find it wrong for a warrior to be able to attack at that range but they already have a range four attack on boots, Arcane Feedback. And perhaps we need to give warriors a little break since humans just got double retreats from the last AA.
    Look, add a Quick Run to Nimble Strike, Dancing Cut, or Shifty Stab and you already have to be on guard against warriors at range 5. See also Charge.
    Besides Scamper is so underpowered that few would bother wasting a major token on these boots, nevertheless my submission would give us something new.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  19. Paper Crit

Paper Crit Orc Soldier

Thank you for the help with my query. I'll change my submission later today on grounds that dodge is an invalid boot card. : D

20. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Don't change your submission just yet on those grounds, Skillful Dodge on Boots has a precedent for being considered a valid submission for AA since Frostguard's Dog's Dodgers were admitted into the community poll for Aloyzo's Arsenal 3.

Considering the somewhat strict theme this month to base an item around the Batford module I'd assume that a certain degree of leeway with using monster cards and out-of-slot cards is given.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018