[List] Universally Inferior Items with the same Token Cost [EttSC Updated]

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by progammer, Aug 17, 2013.

1. progammer

progammer Ogre

It does, i just had a brain fart :(

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Lets say the cases were it is better are more than rare and then even marginal. In my Volcano build i prefer every cantrip over a none cantrip, because I want to move from my volcano and then accelerate the time. And for all other decks, I dont know how often this situation happens, but i never wished my flanking move would be a walk.

PULSEFIRE, ParodyKnaveBob and doog37 like this.
  3. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

imo haunted bucket is the worst item ever, boo is extremely, extremely situational and 2x pred. give up so much advantage that boo is not worth tokenless arcane item...

4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

also, dude, you forgot about Tough Hide Shirt>> Reliable Scale Mail. In no situation is hardy mail better than thick hide armor. There's also bulky sword>>blunt sword

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's a niche situation, but Thick Hide Armor can be stripped by attacks which discard move cards, and Hardy Mail can't.

PULSEFIRE and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  6. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

there are no attacks that discard move cards available to players.
    you could argue some items listed here aren't objectively superior because once you upgrade them you can't trigger flimsy block, which you may want to set up for a more powerful gust of wars to throw some guys onto double laser terrain (and the damage is decisive, game making)... super specific scenario where weak strike is better than strong stab

7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

...and Sir Veza doesn't really (like, ever,) play against decks available to players. Therefore, it's just kind of niche -- not so-absolutely-unable-to-plan-for-you-might-as-well-not-bother.

In other news, I enjoy blocking Ancient Grudge with Flimsy Block. $}^ D And slightly less related, Weak Block (and Block Missile) are exactly why my elf wiz packs double Cottonwood Staff against kobolds. $}^ b

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As @progammer stated in the OP, the purpose of this thread is to list specific items that are universally better under any circumstance than other specific items of the same token cost in a strictly apples-to-apples comparison.
    Therefore Bewildering Triangle or Ghostfire Wand or Terrifying Zapping Wand should >> Haunted Bucket.
    Prestidigitation, as a mandatory action, is an aggressively dead card that will always costs a tempo and does nothing useful. progammer hasn't weighed in since the CM release, but I believe such a comparison would meet the thread criteria. Comparing the 3 "greater than" items listed wouldn't work because the other cards are not directly comparable.
    I still believe the hybrid move on Thick Hide Armor can be both an asset and a liability, which means it isn't directly comparable to Hardy Mail.
    I agree that Bulky Club (which I believe you were referring to by "bulky sword") >> Blunt Sword, and belongs on the list.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.